• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lego St. James Park, Part 2.

dontpassback

Can you send some Lego blocks down to old brenty boy at argiggle,it might give him some idea about how to build something !

cuzman1977

See what I'm doing here. The Big Bank has 9 sections in reality, but with a block of 4 bricks, then 2, and repeat, I can only get 8 sections. If I do it as blocks of 3 and blocks of 2, or do it blocks of 4, and blocks of 1, it just don't turn out right. Trust me I have tried it again and again. Suck it up. I am sticking with this. Maybe.

cuzman1977

As above, as it stands, my pitch where i am basing the dimensions from is 48 across from corner flag spot to corner flag spot.

If you see the rear Lego Big Bank, what I am working with is this possibility =

2 4 2 4 2 4 2 4 2 4 2 4 2 4 2 4 2 = 50 across with 8 sections

2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 = 47 across with 9 sections, but it looks short when put against the pitch.

1 4 1 4 1 4 1 4 1 4 1 4 1 4 1 4 1 4 1 = 37 across with 9 sections, but is way way short of all dimensions

I'm going with the first one. Sue me for not being 100% correct.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope you include the smoking area.

cuzman1977

Moving on towards the beginning of the NOG.... I present, a Lego Duplo base, which will then have smaller Lego on top and the Duplo will magically become invisible.

Don't worry about what's happening about the BB. I'm tinkering with the edges at the moment, and it hasn't got a roof. All shall be revealed.

Anyway, lots of fine tuning on top and around with smaller Lego bricks, and then we should have a nice new Lego NOG.

As usual, expect me to take half of this apart as I go and rebuild it. Judge on the finished product bays.

cuzman1977

cuzman1977

Like I have said, I am slapping small Lego on top of this. Lots of tinkering around the outsides and on top, and then start building the new roof. I'll crack on again on Monday night, as I'm off to Crealy tomorrow.

cuzman1977

Oh yeah, when I built this the first time, I was told it would be cheating to start in Duplo, so, by peer pressure, I didn't. Now I beg to differ on reflection, because it ends up looking the same anyway.

In buying a big eBay stack of Duplo I got the big four primary colours. Green is going in the away end, and in the away end only. There will be no Argyle colours underneath my home ends. ( Yeah! You tell 'em bay!! ) :)

cuzman1977

One other quick thing. I'm possibly / probably taking that top blue stack off before I coat it in red, white and grey bricks etc. Just a dimension thing, but I threw the top bricks on for good measure at the moment anyway.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
You tell us not to worry about what’s happening to the big bank - not possible. I haven’t slept for a week.