• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Utd vs Exeter City Matchday thread

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Even if its not being seen as a racist act, its still discriminating and I can't see why Leeds fans should get away with it when Exeter fans don't?
How do you know they were not arrested?

ladybugging

How do you know they were not arrested?
Because I friend of mine was in the holding cells, and only one Leeds fan was there, who was later released.

Oli

Because I friend of mine was in the holding cells, and only one Leeds fan was there, who was later released.
Different station?

LLL MOT

Re: Discrimination against City fans in Leeds.

I'm sure that you're all aware that when City scored, there were about 20- 30 fans who chose to celebrate the goal by running on the pitch, and a few of these fans were then arrested...

I'd like to hear anyone's views on this and if anyone would be willing to take this further, letters to MP's, both football teams ect.
You need to get yourself a hobby son. If your fans got carted off by the police, it was probably for their own safety.

It was a nice sunny day and a minority of idiots (from your lot) decided to push it. Sorry pal, they got off lightly and I've seen away fans at ER get much worse. Write to an MP FFS!

ladybugging

no because they were taken to a detention room inside the stadium before being take to the police station in town.

at the station there were the 6 exeter city fans held at the station to be booked in to be charged and interviewed with a further court appearance later in august. not a leeds fan in sight during that time.

denzel

You need to get yourself a hobby son. Write to an MP FFS!
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. No excuse for invading the pitch, and no complaints if you get thrown out for something which is clearly and obviously an offence.

On the kid thing, either he should be banned or his parents should. Whilst most of us took it quite well, if he chooses to do it in similar circumstances when Leeds are playing someone like Millwall, what would the reaction be then?

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I came away feeling pretty happy, we definitley held our own and were unlucky not to get a point. I thought the team played very well as a whole, especially Harley who had a very good game and kept onto possession very well, Hopefully this will help silence his knockers who like to spend a lot of the time talking him down.

Duffy and Golbourne in the wing back rolls excelled, Duffy is a better footballer than Tully and Golbourne already looks like a class act on the left.

At the heart of the defence I though Seaborne and Taylor had very good games, Beckford didn't get in behind them too often and Taylor kept that Beechio lad very quiet. Jones pulled off several very good saves but i'm not quite sure what he was trying to do for the second goal? If he stayed on the line he would of caught it, a few people seemed to think that Beckford wasn't being marked and if this was the case it's that's quite a big mistake...

Thought Corr did ok, not sure about best performace from a City striker since Tisdale has been here though! Had that once chance in the first half that I thought he could have done a lot better with and even if you are having your shirt pulled there is no need to punch someone.

On the atmosphere front, I turned up right on KO and it was fairly quiet, thier were the odd chants but the majority of City fans were happy to sit down! Come on lads, it's first game back show some enthusiasm! There was only about 20 of us standing at the back and so the stewards decided to make a point and kick the youngest one standing up out, the word cowards comes to mind. After we equalized though the atmosphere was intenese and pretty much the whole stand was up and bouncing around! Great stuff, sounded so loud from whereever I stood.

RE the pitch "invasion" we have just scored a brilliant goal to equalize at Leeds, I think it's a bit harsh to have a go at anyone that runs on! The phrase "harmless fun" springs to mind, they weren't enticing voilence just celebrating with Russell who ran stright to the corner.

Overall a great day, a great performace, shame about the result but we move on and hopefully a win on Tuesday :)

LLL MOT

no because they were taken to a detention room inside the stadium before being take to the police station in town.

at the station there were the 6 exeter city fans held at the station to be booked in to be charged and interviewed with a further court appearance later in august. not a leeds fan in sight during that time.
They broke the law and got caught. Get over it.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. No excuse for invading the pitch, and no complaints if you get thrown out for something which is clearly and obviously an offence.

On the kid thing, either he should be banned or his parents should. Whilst most of us took it quite well, if he chooses to do it in similar circumstances when Leeds are playing someone like Millwall, what would the reaction be then?
Presumeably his parents wouldn't let him vs Millwall. He looked about 5 from where I was but it turns out he's 9.

ladybugging

As I've said, I'm not trying to ignore what they've done and I think its fair that they are punished. I don't however think that Leeds fans should be let off for exactly the same thing. Especially when they are already being aggressive to the police officers.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't you take this crap to a different thread and not ruin this, very good one.

Thank you!