• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Utd vs Exeter City Matchday thread

Exehausted

Sorry Vinnie Hub, I only started on page 39 after reading the whole of the "macth and the day out" thread. I think I have the time to read it all but the wife doesn't!

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
After a very sleepless night on account of Poles next door having yet another party, this time all flippin' night, the Match Report is up. Sadly I wrote the account of the sending off about 5 minutes before the Red Button coverage of the FL show got to it!

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10436~49124,00.html
Good report Jase. Hope the daughter liked the toy :)

the dog2

lufc63 well its funny that it got loader ,i suppose they had to do something to try and get some home atmosphere, but then i suspose its hard in a morque!

Grecian2K

Aw, cut them some slack dog2.

After all, when you still perceive (even after ALL these years) you true rivals to be the likes of ManUre, Barcelona and Real Madrid it must he hard to stir yourself for the likes of us! ;)

ladybugging

Discrimination against City fans in Leeds.

I'm sure that you're all aware that when City scored, there were about 20- 30 fans who chose to celebrate the goal by running on the pitch, and a few of these fans were then arrested. This also happened when Leeds scored and people again chose to celebrate in the same way as a few Exeter fans. However, these people where taken away, yet not arrested, unlike six Exeter fans.
There was also a Leeds fan acting aggressively towards the Leeds police. But funnily enough, he wasn't arrested, and he was let off free, unlike the six City fans who had to wait around in cells for 3-4 hours and later spent longer in the Leeds city police station.

I know that what they did was wrong, and I'm not trying to ignore that. However, i don't see why someone who supports Exeter should be arrested for the same thing a Leeds fan did and was not applied the same treatment by the authorities. This can only be seen as discrimination and if you look further into it, racism. City fans where discriminated because of their location and the team they were supporting and as a group of fans I don't think we should put up with it.

I'd like to hear anyone's views on this and if anyone would be willing to take this further, letters to MP's, both football teams ect.

LOG

How is it racist?

Oli

Re: Discrimination against City fans in Leeds.

I'm sure that you're all aware that when City scored, there were about 20- 30 fans who chose to celebrate the goal by running on the pitch, and a few of these fans were then arrested. This also happened when Leeds scored and people again chose to celebrate in the same way as a few Exeter fans. However, these people where taken away, yet not arrested, unlike six Exeter fans.
There was also a Leeds fan acting aggressively towards the Leeds police. But funnily enough, he wasn't arrested, and he was let off free, unlike the six City fans who had to wait around in cells for 3-4 hours and later spent longer in the Leeds city police station.

I know that what they did was wrong, and I'm not trying to ignore that. However, i don't see why someone who supports Exeter should be arrested for the same thing a Leeds fan did and was not applied the same treatment by the authorities. This can only be seen as discrimination and if you look further into it, racism. City fans where discriminated because of their location and the team they were supporting and as a group of fans I don't think we should put up with it.

I'd like to hear anyone's views on this and if anyone would be willing to take this further, letters to MP's, both football teams ect.
Didn't look anywhere near 20-30 to me - but it was a few. If they were arrested and taken away then the police did the correct thing. This should also be applied to the home fans, but this is not racism.

The kid should have been arrested and banned - despite it being funny.

ladybugging

To discriminate against someone because of their location.

Grecian2K

How is it racist?
Because all Yorkies tend to think of themsleves as a separate ethnic group??

ladybugging

Even if its not being seen as a racist act, its still discriminating and I can't see why Leeds fans should get away with it when Exeter fans don't?