• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Utd vs Exeter City Matchday thread

lancsgrecian

Might find a fair few of us in the home end as well ;) once again well done today on and off the field.
Thanks mate, see you next season

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair, we sang "You're not famous anymore" to trample over the Leeds "You're not singing anymore". Quite a nice piece of work I thought.

You're right about the pics outside the ground. That was, I think, our biggest *ever* away support for a League game. Proof that going to Leeds was a big thing for us - remember we played a league game at Farsley less than two years ago.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
"31 Boy ? What a fecking star this boy is gonna be, that dummy late on, well half the ground bought it, pace, touch, effort and bottle, almost got on the end of summat as well, great way to start your league career of course but with a bit more muscle he cna be the real deal."

Indeed, that dummy was unreal for a 19-year old playing his first ever league game, and at Elland Road.

Norwood will be absolute quality if given the time on the pitch, IMO.

So proud today, so proud.

Anyone else notice the Leeds fans to our right applauding us (some even did the "we're not worthy" bow) at the end for our support and singing?

F*cking awesome day out.

Result irrelevant really, nothing to worry about in this division IMO, irrespective of whether or not Leeds didn't play as well as they can, because they're still better when they don't than a lot of the teams in this division, and we held our own against them with 10 men for 1/2 an hour, and with 11 before that after a shaky first 20 mins.

:D

gitch

Hiya folks, I am a Leeds Utd supporter that felt I had to come on your forum to say well done. Your supporters were a credit to all at Exeter, and your away fans put some of the bigger teams to shame with your highest away supporters, you sang your hearts out. Well done on that. You played some good football, and will do well in this league this season. I would like to say it was nice when away supporters mingled with the home crowd without and trouble, a credit to you there. I wish you all the very best for the season.
gitch.

Spit

Okay White says ......"Today was your cup final the same as 90% of the teams in this league, every time we played away last season the home side registered thier biggest crowd" ...... NO mate, It was You're cup final, you have earnt the right to stay in this division, you have a cup final every week until you get back to where you once were, i hope you do but not at our expense.. great day yesterday though, see ya next year at your place!

banzai

Whichever way you look at the game Leeds got out of jail big-time yesterday and they know it. In an admittedly shaky first twenty minutes we gave them too much respect but their goal helped us focus and settle. For the last hour we matched them in every department and for large chunks dominated. Be in no doubt, there would have been plenty of Leeds fans concerned that we were going to go on and win the game with ten men once we'd scored. We deserved a draw at the very least and gutted they nicked it at the death.

Impressive displays all over but Harley could be the key this season if he puts in the work, and was the best player on the pitch aside from Beckford - thankfully we won't come up against a better striker this season and Leeds are always going to be dangerous going forward with him playing. Can they hang on to him?

I've a gut feeling Fleetwood may sign soon, because he's clearly the kind of striker we need.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
After a very sleepless night on account of Poles next door having yet another party, this time all flippin' night, the Match Report is up. Sadly I wrote the account of the sending off about 5 minutes before the Red Button coverage of the FL show got to it!

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10436~49124,00.html

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Here comes a rant.

With regards to the 'ref' and one of the 'linos' what a f*cking disgrace. They need to have a long, hard look at themselves tonight. Pathetic.

City's support? Unbelievable, my voice is f*cked but you could just hear how immense we sounded from where I was stood fairly near the front, from the first to the last min as well. We own our football club! :D

A bit gutted to have not been able to have held on, but Beckford is class. Norwood looks good, I'm very confident about his prospects and once we settled down after the first 20 mins we held our own.

Lovely goal, super proud to be a Grecian, as always.

UTC
Summed it up perfectly I think.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seen the goals on Sky. Thought Edwards should have shown a bit of 'professionalism' and taken a booking 'for the cause' in the build up for the first goal. The lad was in full flight and Edwards was the only one who was really going to have a chance of stopping him.
Cracking free kick for the equaliser. What more can you say?
The winner................................... I think I'll leave Pete the Yank to chew the bones over that one. Not sure that a keeper with arms above his head should be out jumped by anyone though.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seen the goals on Sky. Thought Edwards should have shown a bit of 'professionalism' and taken a booking 'for the cause' in the build up for the first goal. The lad was in full flight and Edwards was the only one who was really going to have a chance of stopping him.
Cracking free kick for the equaliser. What more can you say?
The winner................................... I think I'll leave Pete the Yank to chew the bones over that one. Not sure that a keeper with arms above his head should be out jumped by anyone though.
I think it shows what pace can do. The guy picked it up just inside the half, blazed past Edwards (should have taken him out) and was at the edge of the box in a flash, slid the ball through to a Beckford and a sublime finish. PJ not imposing enough on the second goal, you can't let a forward win a header one on one with the keeper. Great free kick by Russell and, in my view, a complete donkey of a decision to send Corr off, you get worse in the six yard box at corners and nothing happens