• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Utd vs Exeter City Matchday thread

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Despite the defeat, a decent result IMHO.

No hammering today, (as was predicted on here by far too many) and not a bad result considering we were supposedly up against the best team in the league, who do have the best striker in the league.

Always confident we'd be alright, and by the sounds of the performance today, I've got no reason to change my mind. Well done City, and well done to the travelling faithful, superb effort !

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just chatted with ShabbaShaz on phone - she ran into Andy Tilson after the game.
He said they were happy with the performance but not the referee. Said they were bit overawed in first 20 mins ok but got into it after that.

Looking forward to coming over Jan 16 and watching the Leeds fan person about the small away end and get beaten.

Hats off to whoever came up eith the "NEVER LOST AT HISTON" chant.
Funny and very true.

pct333

On way back from Leeds, what a brave performance. Have got a great video of our goal and on pitch celebrations. Will put it on youtube until it is taken off by the spoilsports.
Put it on photobucket.com and it should not be taken away.

I also have a great video of the Exeter goal which I shall post when I get home.

Norwood looks a great prospect based on todays performance.

OAKY WHITE

Just chatted with ShabbaShaz on phone - she ran into Andy Tilson after the game.
He said they were happy with the performance but not the referee. Said they were bit overawed in first 20 mins ok but got into it after that.

Looking forward to coming over Jan 16 and watching the Leeds fan person about the small away end and get beaten.

Hats off to whoever came up eith the "NEVER LOST AT HISTON" chant.
Funny and very true.
Might find a fair few of us in the home end as well ;) once again well done today on and off the field.

Thames Valley Red

Not with our priority system sunshine. We own our football club and you have bob hope! Unlike the scrawny rat that invaded the pitch you will be ejected!

UTC

TVR
Ps. Had some Leeds fan welcome me to our cup final, to which I replied New Wembley twice and Old Trafford...a far bigger stadium!

Well done ECFC players and fans for the performance today! Just been reading some of the Leeds threads. Apart from all the Beckford praise, there are a few saying Exeter will be difficult to beat this season...Which is nice!!!
2 things from today...
1 Forget Fleetwood and sign the 6 year old Leeds Supporter...Sounds as though he can turn a few people on the Pitch.
2 Nothing to fear from joint favorites Norwich.......Bring em on!!!

little kev

Surprisingly upbeat after losing to a last minute goal. Great 2nd half from City, well played Jonah.
BUT..... if Corr was supposedly sent off for elbowing, what about Showumni who seemed to do exactly the same ?

older-codger

Not often I feel happy with a defeat but there was so much today to give hope for the season. It could, and probably should, have been at least a draw and we had much the better of the second half despite being down to 10

Didn't see the reason for the sending off, but to be honest, I think Mac was far superior to Corr anyway. For a tall man who was against two centre backs shorter than him, he was unable to win anything in the air. The ref and one of the linesmen were appalling. There is always a load of tugging and pushing in the area in preparation for a corner and I suspect that, if it was an elbow, it was actually an attempt to rid of himself of a holding defender.

Harley was a changed man from last season and had an excellent game. Bertie was here there and everywhere though there were some occasions when he was a bit lacking in vision.

No criticism of the team overall from me.

How can 25,000 "fans" be so quiet?

OAKY WHITE

Not with our priority system sunshine. We own our football club and you have bob hope! Unlike the scrawny rat that invaded the pitch you will be ejected!

UTC

TVR
Ps. Had some Leeds fan welcome me to our cup final, to which I replied New Wembley twice and Old Trafford...a far bigger stadium!
Wait and see i will guarantee Leeds fans will get in your home areas of the ground if the away allocation is not big enough believe me and i dont mean they will cause bother we just dont get enough tickets so will go to any lengths to get in. Ask Yeovil how many were in the home end last season, you have to remember the numbers you brought today Leeds would double it for every away game if given the tickets, and for some reason the local plod seem to think that by moving matches to a tuesday night as you probably will makes no difference whatsoever. Today was your cup final the same as 90% of the teams in this league, every time we played away last season the home side registered thier biggest crowd, i know we are not famous anymore but every other club seems to think so by the crowds we attract.

OAKY WHITE

Not often I feel happy with a defeat but there was so much today to give hope for the season. It could, and probably should, have been at least a draw and we had much the better of the second half despite being down to 10

Didn't see the reason for the sending off, but to be honest, I think Mac was far superior to Corr anyway. For a tall man who was against two centre backs shorter than him, he was unable to win anything in the air. The ref and one of the linesmen were appalling. There is always a load of tugging and pushing in the area in preparation for a corner and I suspect that, if it was an elbow, it was actually an attempt to rid of himself of a holding defender.

Harley was a changed man from last season and had an excellent game. Bertie was here there and everywhere though there were some occasions when he was a bit lacking in vision.

No criticism of the team overall from me.

How can 25,000 "fans" be so quiet?
I thought he walked for foul and abusive laguage never saw an elbow, As i posted before the atmosphere at Leeds is always like that until Millwall arrive, never been the same since it became all seater.