• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Utd vs Exeter City Matchday thread

TimG

what can i say apart fromt he fact that i am proud to be a grecian. Ten men and still giving the leagues hottest picks a run for their money and with possibly our two first choice strikers out. This makes me feel far far more positive about this season and recon we can quite comfortably avoid relegation if we play like that every week and especially when we get Logie and Stanno Back

Proud to be a grecian top top performance lads!

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
sounded like Moxey had a good game for Derby and played all game ( left midfield i think)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last time I park the car in garage with two minutes to go. It was 1-1 when I got out. We were 2-1 down by the time I got in the house.:'(
Sounds like BIG MAC and Harley had good games from what I could make of Lammie's ramblings (or rants when it comes to Barry Corr).

Pete Martin (CTID)

Just leaving Leeds now, totally knackered. God only knows how the bauys feel. Nothing to be ashamed or worried about and everything to be optimistic and proud about. Our only downfall I feel is the lack of a cutting edge up front and a too pedestrian midfield (by virtue of age).

Nobody was poor. Taylor, Harley, Bertie, Golbourne, Jonah, Duffy all 8/9's

The rest 7.

Big Mac did well when he came on and deserves an 8 and young Jamie Norwood an 8 for effort and not being overawed by his first game at this level.

Beautifully worked City goal.

Best moment was the little kid who ran onto the pitch showboating when Leeds scored their second, hotly pursued by (and evading for some time) the stewards.

Last edited:

ECFC Steve

Excellent effort by the lads and heck it could of been a different game if Beckford moved clubs before the game, feel very proud.
Looks like Norwood has alot of potenial and was impressed by Golbourne and Duffy, i do feel though that we need a proven goalscorer maybe Fleetwood but i would prefer a striker who is proven himself at this level.

I suspect as the season continues Jonah will be getting alot of interest.

malcolms

I think we will find it easier on the road than at home. The lack of a real goalscoring threat will leave us vunerable to sides who score and then close the game down.

Bunker

Well done City and well done the fans. Thought both were quality today.

Plenty of fight on the pitch and plenty to feel optimistic about.

Geddon City

Fareham Grecian

On M1 on way home and echo what others have said. Very proud. Nothing to fear in this division if Leeds are favourites - without Beckford we would have beat them. Bring on norwich.

Bexster

BBC Match report says Corr was sent off for elbowing.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Just read this thread start to finish. Sounds like we certainly held our own and then some. Looking forward to reading match reports as soon as. Well done the team! And those who made it up there! How was it? I get the impression you out sang the home crowd???? Good stuff and not a bad start at all.