• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds United - 16th January 2010

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
As I have said before, I have my fingers crossed that Exeter will stay up and I was there cheering them on to the old division 4 Championship. However, I could never root against Leeds United, so my allegiance will not waiver one iota when we meet.
By the way, surely it's not the same Shaun Taylor you now have at centre half is it?

Regarding Swindon, I'll be there mate!
Yes still at the club mate; still performing heroics; been MOTM many times; and I'm sure many more times to come too; what a rock; what a legend; captain extraordinaire; he'll have Beckford (if he's not gone to CCC or premiership in Jan) in his pocket from 3.00 - 6.00 pm; he'll let him out for the coach back though; it's in his contract :)

everexe

As I have said before, I have my fingers crossed that Exeter will stay up and I was there cheering them on to the old division 4 Championship. However, I could never root against Leeds United, so my allegiance will not waiver one iota when we meet.
By the way, surely it's not the same Shaun Taylor you now have at centre half is it?

Regarding Swindon, I'll be there mate!
shaun taylor has long retired, we now have matt taylor another decent player, going swindon with the ply****h whites

Hampshire White

Yes still at the club mate; still performing heroics; been MOTM many times; and I'm sure many more times to come too; what a rock; what a legend; captain extraordinaire; he'll have Beckford (if he's not gone to CCC or premiership in Jan) in his pocket from 3.00 - 6.00 pm; he'll let him out for the coach back though; it's in his contract :)
Thinking back to those days, you had a really good side, most of who went onto careers in higher divisions. I played cricket with Jon Brown and the Goalkeeper (whose name escapes me at the moment), at the Civil service Club. Good god they could hit the ball some distance! Scott Hiley was the nephew of a guy I worked with and went on to play on the south coast for Pompey & Southampton IIRC. Chris Vinnicombe went to Rangers and then Burnley I think, but I don't think he realised his full potential. I also remember 3 or 4 players following Cooper up to Birmingham.
Still, I'm glad to see you back in the Football League again. This time, hopefully to stay!
Oh, I also remember the 'Following Exeter into Division 3' car stickers. Of course it then became Division 2 with the creation of the Premier League, and the subsequent relegation caused them to be brought out again the following season, only this time, going in the other direction! ;)

everexe

do you get to Elland Road much Hampshire White, i've been three times this season and Swindon will be my first away game, have to fit visits around City's fixtures, next trip for me to mecca is in january?

M.O.T

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
But the 170 from Hampshire don't have them and neither do the significant amount of South West Whites
Must get on and book my train whilst there are still some seats left. :cool:

Hampshire White

do you get to Elland Road much Hampshire White, i've been three times this season and Swindon will be my first away game, have to fit visits around City's fixtures, next trip for me to mecca is in january?

M.O.T
I try to go 5-6 times a season, depending on finances. I also try to go to 8-10 away games as well. I was hoping to go to a few more this season as the majority were south of Birmingham, but for various reasons, we have not had the ticket allocations we were hoping for. Still,if we get promoted, it should be a bit easier next season with the larger grounds that we should be visiting.

everexe

Home tickets are no problem for me being a member, away depends on the allocation, but Paul who runs the Plymouth Whites has several season tickets so luckily he has got me 2 for Swindon away on Saturday week. I shall be doing about 5 more trips to Leeds in the new year.

Hampshire White

Home tickets are no problem for me being a member, away depends on the allocation, but Paul who runs the Plymouth Whites has several season tickets so luckily he has got me 2 for Swindon away on Saturday week. I shall be doing about 5 more trips to Leeds in the new year.
Official LUFC text! The Swindon match has been postponed due to international call ups. Date to be arranged after the Grimsby game.

Incidentally, if you went to the Liverpool game at ER, our bus was parked next the to Plymouth Whites bus!

Everexe - Pm sent!

everexe

swindon postponed...........damn

did'nt get to liverpool game, but my son and his mate were on the plymouth whites bus.

argyle-ive

im dreading this game, being an ecfc season ticket holder and lufc member, but at the start of the season i said i would support the home team for these matches, and i am sticking to that, besides leeds will go up anyway (then hopefully do a city and get 2 promotions on the bounce), city need as many points as possible to avoid being dragged into the relegation battle.

by the way see you at swindon saturday week hampshire white
Oh dear, seriously, how can anyone support TWO sides?
Ian?? :D :D