• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Ticket Fiasco

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was in the Echo with you!

grecian55

There will be no trouble what so ever and there never is, you can assume about 9k Leeds applied for this game and only 1200 were succesful. We have to then source tickets in all home ends for most away games. After 2 seasons in this league we have also learned how to get round the restrictions. As soon as you was comfirmed as promoted people got locals back in August to buy tickets on their behalf so they appear on your data base for later in the season. £20 well invested. There is bound to be around 1000 leeds in exeter ends and I,m sure your ticket office will already persume this due to the high volume of enquires they keep getting. Poor Wycombe didnt know whether they were coming or going when we played them espeacially when leeds fans bought up most of their boxes and corporate deals. As someone said we are all fans of football and having away support all round your stands will add to the atmosphere, espeacially when we score. Then you will see how the ticket policy was never gonna stop anyone who wants to be at the game from Leeds. The best way to deal with the Leeds away support is to just give us the 3/4k that we need.

Yeovil tried to move the matches to Friday evenings but soon found out that we still managed to get around 4/5k into the ground. There is a culture within Leeds away support to attend no matter what day or night the game is.

We could play you Christmas Day at 06.30 am and you will still see our support turn up. The Man U gave us 9.5k tickets and we still had about 2k in their end.

Anyway will be a good day out for both sets of fans and hopefully we will bounce back from our poor draw last Saturday with another rampant 4 or 5 -0 win

MOT
good post and very true ,you will never stop a determined football fan from seeing their team play i remember going to see chelsea v sheff wed in the 80`s ,we got to the ground late (too much ale) and were locked out so we paid to get in the north stand ,went down the front spoke to the stewards ,who were all chelsea fans, and got transferred into the west stand benches ,easy .

whitearmy

good post and very true ,you will never stop a determined football fan from seeing their team play i remember going to see chelsea v sheff wed in the 80`s ,we got to the ground late (too much ale) and were locked out so we paid to get in the north stand ,went down the front spoke to the stewards ,who were all chelsea fans, and got transferred into the west stand benches ,easy .
At yeovil when the stewards realised there was leeds in their stands they just shouted that all leeds can go into the away stand, unfortunately most of the stand sttod up and left it almost empty

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have a friend who's a leeds fan and went to Yeovil. Sat in the home end. I can't see there being any trouble at the match. Unless the chavs on the BB have a couple of shandies and think their billy big b*ll*cks

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
my point you see :D
Oh right that's made it clear :s

whitearmy

I have a friend who's a leeds fan and went to Yeovil. Sat in the home end. I can't see there being any trouble at the match. Unless the chavs on the BB have a couple of shandies and think their billy big b*ll*cks
No worries our away support doesnt have chavs, just beer swilling 40 somethings lol...... a lot of our support will be traveling down friday ...

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No worries our away support doesnt have chavs, just beer swilling 40 somethings lol...... a lot of our support will be traveling down friday ...
Sorry i meant our chavs :D

Thames Valley Red

Anyone would think that Leeds are something special on this matter. Exeter fans will remember how many beat the away fan ban at Torquay United. How about when we went to Man United in the cup there were stories of lots of City fans getting tickets in the home stands and reportedly 10-11K City fans were in the ground. Remember the City fans in the Stretford End ripping off their coats to show their stripes!!

From our stewarding perspective I hope that away shirts and scarves will be barred access to home ends of the ground. It does not bother me, but I hate to think a young mother with some kids had a bad experience at the match. I hear some of our yobs gave it the big one in a Wakefield pub back in August, so it probably will be an issue.

Its worth noting that Man United came down and fair play to them they were not in the home ends and they were pretty relaxed and friendly. After all they enjoyed standing at a match for a change. It is also worth noting that Devon Police are prone to over reaction and will probably mis-manage the game.

In the meantime I hope Beckford goes to the 'Toon' before you come down! See you on the M5 on Saturday morning Leeds fans!

UTC

TVR

zorro2

I understand they caused £5 of damage in wakefield after an hours rioting :-O