• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Ticket Fiasco

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
:D It's all a bit of a contradiction isn't it, no one seems to mind that Shabbashaz is going in the home end at Yeovil (and i'm not suggesting for one moment that she is going to cuase trouble btw)
She is accompanying one of our disabled fans as his helper who couldnt get tickets for the away end disabled area thats why

Last edited:

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
:D It's all a bit of a contradiction isn't it, no one seems to mind that Shabbashaz is going in the home end at Yeovil (and i'm not suggesting for one moment that she is going to cuase trouble btw) but when it's big bad Leeds everyone presumes that they'l be fans looking for trouble, the reality is that isn't true.

There are lots of Leeds fans in the Devon area, it's pretty much impossible to get a ticket for a Leeds away game in their end, and so if you can't afford to travel all the way to Leeds to watch them then I can't blame them, I would probably do the same in thier situation.
Thanks for using me as an example, albeit a very poor one.
And you may be interested to know that some of the leeds fans that do come devon and cornwall are part of their crew and do go to all home and away matches. There is an element of problems with any club, but leeds are known for it. As this is a game of non importance really, i can't see their being any trouble, but there may be a small minority who do

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
:D It's all a bit of a contradiction isn't it, no one seems to mind that Shabbashaz is going in the home end at Yeovil (and i'm not suggesting for one moment that she is going to cuase trouble btw) but when it's big bad Leeds everyone presumes that they'l be fans looking for trouble, the reality is that isn't true.

There are lots of Leeds fans in the Devon area, it's pretty much impossible to get a ticket for a Leeds away game in their end, and so if you can't afford to travel all the way to Leeds to watch them then I can't blame them, I would probably do the same in thier situation.
I once went in the home end at Farnborough with some regulars on here, when it was freezing cold and I fancied saving two quid and having a covered end. Our little Exmouth minibus of chaos lasted about 4 minutes before we started singing and one solitary steward asked us to move as we had scared all the home fans away. We did, I drunk loads of bovril with ECFC girl iirc. I then got smashed with Evo on cheap cider on the way back :)

grecian55

I once went in the home end at Farnborough with some regulars on here, when it was freezing cold and I fancied saving two quid and having a covered end. Our little Exmouth minibus of chaos lasted about 4 minutes before we started singing and one solitary steward asked us to move as we had scared all the home fans away. We did, I drunk loads of bovril with ECFC girl iirc. I then got smashed with Evo on cheap cider on the way back :)
i remember seeing you lot in the farnboro end ,i was in the grandstand with my then girlfriend ,who was originally from farnboro and her family are the biggest and worse known family in farnboro ,you all seemed in high spirits and enjoying the craic and laughing with the steward who lead you out ,happy days, i think city scored a few minutes before the end and i jumped up cheering and was asked by a young chav ,about 11 year old,who i supported !! ,i have never seen a kid so young, with so many sovereign rings on his fingers ,there must have been a buy one get one free offer in elizabeth dukes or the pound shop !!

zorro2

So Leeds fans need to get a disability to be in the home end if they can't get tickets and thats ok then ?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
i remember seeing you lot in the farnboro end ,i was in the grandstand with my then girlfriend ,who was originally from farnboro and her family are the biggest and worse known family in farnboro ,you all seemed in high spirits and enjoying the craic and laughing with the steward who lead you out ,happy days, i think city scored a few minutes before the end and i jumped up cheering and was asked by a young chav ,about 11 year old,who i supported !! ,i have never seen a kid so young, with so many sovereign rings on his fingers ,there must have been a buy one get one free offer in elizabeth dukes or the pound shop !!
That's sort of my point, Farnborough fans feared us, like we 'fear' the truth is, there's nothing to fear. We were slightly boisterous, I'll admit, but not nasty to anyone. I was happy cos I still saved that 2 quid and got in the away end cheaper than most :)

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So Leeds fans need to get a disability to be in the home end if they can't get tickets and thats ok then ?
Not sure what you're getting at here :S

zorro2

She is accompanying one of our disabled fans as his helper who couldnt get tickets for the away end disabled area thats why
;)
my point you see :D

papillon

That's sort of my point, Farnborough fans feared us, like we 'fear' the truth is, there's nothing to fear. We were slightly boisterous, I'll admit, but not nasty to anyone. I was happy cos I still saved that 2 quid and got in the away end cheaper than most :)
Were you involved in the mini pitch invasion at the end? If you remember the lone copper let us go in the bar at halftime for a bevvie then we missed our goal straight after halftime. I have seen him a few times in places like Amsterdam and Belarus with England.

It was all harmless fun!!

whitearmy

There will be no trouble what so ever and there never is, you can assume about 9k Leeds applied for this game and only 1200 were succesful. We have to then source tickets in all home ends for most away games. After 2 seasons in this league we have also learned how to get round the restrictions. As soon as you was comfirmed as promoted people got locals back in August to buy tickets on their behalf so they appear on your data base for later in the season. £20 well invested. There is bound to be around 1000 leeds in exeter ends and I,m sure your ticket office will already persume this due to the high volume of enquires they keep getting. Poor Wycombe didnt know whether they were coming or going when we played them espeacially when leeds fans bought up most of their boxes and corporate deals. As someone said we are all fans of football and having away support all round your stands will add to the atmosphere, espeacially when we score. Then you will see how the ticket policy was never gonna stop anyone who wants to be at the game from Leeds. The best way to deal with the Leeds away support is to just give us the 3/4k that we need.

Yeovil tried to move the matches to Friday evenings but soon found out that we still managed to get around 4/5k into the ground. There is a culture within Leeds away support to attend no matter what day or night the game is.

We could play you Christmas Day at 06.30 am and you will still see our support turn up. The Man U gave us 9.5k tickets and we still had about 2k in their end.

Anyway will be a good day out for both sets of fans and hopefully we will bounce back from our poor draw last Saturday with another rampant 4 or 5 -0 win

MOT