• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leeds Ticket Fiasco

ecfctis

I have been reading and heard from friends trying to obtain tickets for this anticipated sell-out. It appears that it is pretty difficult for genuine local Ecfc supporters of many years standing to purchase tickets, just because they have not signed up to any of the club memberships/priority groups. Yes I can understand the concern regarding too many Leeds fans getting in the home BB end, but there is surely a fairer and more sensible solution to permit genuine City fans the opportunity to get their tickets direct from the club reception. Providing adequate post code and residence proof, which can easily be verified, must be a better solution. I have not thought this through, so there may be some hidden problem with this, but my point is 'What do you think of this apparent ticket fiasco. If tickets are left unsold, it is very much the clubs fault, costing them more lost revenue. Yes there may also be influence from the police and HSE, but to possibly have unsold tickets is poor business.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10436~1841063,00.html

This gave details of how the majority of people should be able to get a ticket. But it also points out if there was any problems, who to contact. Can't see any reason, how a City fan would miss out on this match if they want to go

mammooman

Providing adequate post code and residence proof, which can easily be verified, must be a better solution.
oh no, not again!

Postcode and residence proof?! So you'd be happy with 500 Leeds fans who happen to live near Exeter or students here to be stood on the Big Bank with you...

Typical exeweb scarmongering

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly. I got ID'd going into the Soton away end. Good job I live in Devon during non-term time isn't it.

I hope no-one bites and jumps on this bandwagon. IMO the club have set it just right and priority groups have been in place for a while.

If you are one of the "genuine local" fans who isnt part of a PG then you've missed some big occasions down the years anyway, your loss

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
It isn't my, or another other exewebbers fault, that your friends are too dumb to buy tickets online.

Next.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
... it is pretty difficult for genuine local Ecfc supporters of many years standing to purchase tickets, just because they have not signed up to any of the club memberships/priority groups.
I'm sorry but I really cannot understand why it is you haven't done that!! Surely the recent past will have taught you one simple lesson. That if you want to be absolutely sure of a ticket on sell out days like this. join one of those groups you still shun! Becoming a member of the supporters club or a member of the trust is cheap, it helps the team you say you genuinely support, and you get a ticket. This has happened so often in the last two or three years I just cannot believe there are still "genuine" supporters out there getting caught out. Sorry. No sympathy at all.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
All very well for us smug, computer-savvy types but what about the older generation (probably been supporters longer than most) who don't have computers etc. and never thought about joining a "priority group"? Go to one Wembly game out of interest - able to buy several tickets; paid at the gate every fornight - excluded, unless you know someone who's a Priority Group member. Perhaps not many of these, but it still seems a tad unfair on them...

And as there seem to be over 1,000 tickets unsold, city may lose £10K plus in revenue, plus having lots of empty space around the ground.

mammooman

I became a Trust and EDG member by attending the meetings and/or filling out a form by hand?!