• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Martin signs

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How much did Lee play in the middle this year? He said at the start of the season he prefers it/is more used to playing there. And again he mentioned it in an interview a few weeks ago about being "back out wide". As if it's not his favourite place to be. In interviews it seems like he'd rather not be there (despite how well he's played there).

I think since December he's been fantastic and his crossing with both feet has been superb but just wondered if Boateng goes whether he could play in the middle?
Yes he'd make a good No 10, with Bowman playing as No 9.

The deluder

Main problem with this is his scoring record for City, one in forty I believe.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes he'd make a good No 10, with Bowman playing as No 9.
No he wouldn't. When he played there, he was ten yards to deep all the time. He might not like pp laying wide but it us his most effective position.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tried his best, but overall an underwhelming impact. Perhaps that's down to being played out of position - a striker he is not.

Good luck for the future.

Colesman Ballz

Main problem with this is his scoring record for City, one in forty I believe.
You really are deluded if you believe that, he might not be a prolific scorer, but scored six league goals this season alone.

#fakenews

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has signed for Ebbsfleet

STURTZ

Was underwhelmed by Martin all season, good in the changing romm, crap on the pitch.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has signed for Ebbsfleet

Not expecting that I thought he would at least sign for a Club in League Two possibly even for one in League One.

Ash

Not expecting that I thought he would at least sign for a Club in League Two possibly even for one in League One.
Really? League One? Not a chance, even without COVID

Grecianpasty

Strange player L Martin. Showed glimpses of great quality, but didn't seem to have a settled position. I remember it was said that he didn't want to play on the wing but quite clearly isn't a forward.