• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Holmes

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Would like to see him used in the "Graham Carey" role for us

The no10 he's got undoubted ability and i think moving him more central will allow us and give us more creativity

I'd like to see us for 4-3-3 at home against Grimsby and bloody attack them hard - it's bloody Grimsby not Barcelona lets attack them for the first 30 minutes with high pressure and intensity and see what happens rather than the usual sit in and see what happens approach

I'd like to see

Bobby

Sweeney. JMT. Croll. CRL

Ampadu. Oakley

Holmes

Wheeler Reid. Watkins

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would like to see him used in the "Graham Carey" role for us

The no10 he's got undoubted ability and i think moving him more central will allow us and give us more creativity

I'd like to see us for 4-3-3 at home against Grimsby and bloody attack them hard - it's bloody Grimsby not Barcelona lets attack them for the first 30 minutes with high pressure and intensity and see what happens rather than the usual sit in and see what happens approach

I'd like to see

Bobby

Sweeney. JMT. Croll. CRL

Ampadu. Oakley

Holmes

Wheeler Reid. Watkins
He said in an interview when he first joined that he played in the number 10 role while at Preston. Agree that he'd most likely do well there.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The ****ing "Graham Carey role". As if you couldn't have come up with any better 'number 10' to name the role after.

CREDYGRECIAN

The ****ing "Graham Carey role". As if you couldn't have come up with any better 'number 10' to name the role after.
I wondered who would bite

To be fair Carey run the show at SJP a couple weeks ago and is one of the most talented players in the division - his goal Saturday was outstanding

I don't agree Carey ran the show. They out muscled us and that started from there Bristol city loanee. He was the game winner and the difference.

CREDYGRECIAN

I don't agree Carey ran the show. They out muscled us and that started from there Bristol city loanee. He was the game winner and the difference.
Who set him up ? Carey great through ball - when was the last time you saw Harley produce a through ball like that ? 2011?

D__Lo__

Who set him up ? Carey great through ball - when was the last time you saw Harley produce a through ball like that ? 2011?
Harley isn't fit to lace Carey's boots. That's the reality.

On OP I disagree. With Holmes out of the picture the team looked even more imbalanced offering little down the left. He is so much better than any alternative that he has to play there. There are far better alternative options as attacking midfielder. I'd like to see Taylor get a prolonged spell in a free, more advanced role because shock horror that is actually his natural position. Ollie could also excel there (albeit even more advanced and closer to Reid) Both are really good options there. We have the potential of a really good front 4 IF played in their natural positions consistently and without Simpson.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
lets attack them for the first 30 minutes with high pressure and intensity and see what happens rather than the usual sit in and see what happens
Definitely onto something with the seeing what happens part.

Oliver

We only have 2 players who are capable of winning the ball in the air and thats Wheeler and Simpson, surely its not rocket science to play to your strengths and get continuousl crosses in from Holmes to these 2 in the middle to win the ball for perhaps Reid or Watkins or maybe even score themselves.
Goals win matches and we aint' scoring any, so agree with Credy lets go for this one from the off. Defensivly we need to 'man mark' Bogle their main attacking threat, I can see all of this and I am not a football manager...........all this of course will not happen !

D__Lo__

We only have 2 players who are capable of winning the ball in the air and thats Wheeler and Simpson, surely its not rocket science to play to your strengths and get continuousl crosses in from Holmes to these 2 in the middle to win the ball for perhaps Reid or Watkins or maybe even score themselves.
Goals win matches and we aint' scoring any, so agree with Credy lets go for this one from the off. Defensivly we need to 'man mark' Bogle their main attacking threat, I can see all of this and I am not a football manager...........all this of course will not happen !
Bogle could have a field day.