• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another home defeat for the gas,the natives are getting restless!
Yep..It will ignite soon 😎

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another home defeat for the gas,the natives are getting restless!
Interesting quote from the Gaschat forum that made me smile was "We have in recent times had two Managers with an Exeter back ground and neither of them appear to have had a clue between them."

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Posh have hit a brick wall
Two more own goals didn’t help!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
They looked alright today with some threat going forward, but even if they keep improving the gap to 20th looks insurmountable. The run Reading has been on has been a massive surprise to me - I thought they would tank spectacularly, so eleven points from five games is massive, as I think it's brought several I didn't think would be at any risk of relegation in to play; though I still wouldn't rule out the prospect of them nosediving.

Great result for you today. I see Eisa got off the mark, which must be good news for your own run in.
Not so long ago it looked there were going to be 5 teams cut adrift at the bottom so there are a lot of teams ruing the good form of us and Reading that has dragged them into the relegation scrap.

One thing Reading have is a surfeit of good young development players (as we found out 😳) and are pretty decent going forward. Keeping hold of Azeez was a big thing for them. Lack of experience is their problem when things go against them though.
The other advantage of having lots of good young players is that it's usually possible to find someone you can flog for a few hundred thousand pounds to cover the running costs for a few months.

Jam Doughnut

Interesting quote from the Gaschat forum that made me smile was "We have in recent times had two Managers with an Exeter back ground and neither of them appear to have had a clue between them."
To be fair ,they are probably right. Tisdale and Taylor have looked well below average since they left us. i know tisdale got MK Dons up but they had one of the biggest budgets at the time and their fans weren't happy with him...it's probably our excellent academy players over those years that has made them look better managers than they are.

STURTZ

To be fair ,they are probably right. Tisdale and Taylor have looked well below average since they left us. i know tisdale got MK Dons up but they had one of the biggest budgets at the time and their fans weren't happy with him...it's probably our excellent academy players over those years that has made them look better managers than they are.
Rovers do have a lot of injuries but we all know that's no excuse...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keeping Rotherham up last season looks a better and better achievement as time goes on and the new manager hasn't been able to get any more out of the squad. And maybe it was the excellent way they were able to develop and integrate young players into the first team that made them good managers.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
They've probably got the most talented squad in the division. They're a very young squad though, due to their business model - and I wonder whether that may catch up with them. I wonder whether failure to get promoted this season may exacerbate some of the financial stuff that has been going on there. The sale/loan-back of Ephron Mason-Clark, who would have commanded a sizeable fee in the summer (and possibly an even bigger one if they were promoted) has my spidey-senses tingling. My Coventry supporting pal suggested the noise at there end was that they got a significant discount in accepting that arrangement - which tallies with the reports that the Coventry manager was fuming as he wanted EM-C in their squad for the run-in to their Championship campaign. Obviously no more than speculation on my part re. their 'need' to sell.
Personally I take talk of Peterborough's financial issues with a pinch of salt. After all they were still able to pay us the part of a million for Archie last summer. And most pundits seem to think it's inevitable that Ivan Toney will be sold in the summer which will net them a pretty hefty bonus.

scottus86

Deep statistical analysis reveals that having the initials CD is key to nullifying threats ...
That would suggest our best back three would be Hartridge, Diabate and Aimson.

Colesman Ballz

Personally I take talk of Peterborough's financial issues with a pinch of salt. After all they were still able to pay us the part of a million for Archie last summer. And most pundits seem to think it's inevitable that Ivan Toney will be sold in the summer which will net them a pretty hefty bonus.
If you look on Peterborough's "London Road.net forum" there is a thread "Concerning Times at Posh" were you can find out a lot more about their financial woes.