• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 18 teams definitely in League One next season

Blackpool
Bristol Rovers
Burton
Cambridge
Charlton
Exeter
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Mansfield
Northampton
Reading
Rotherhan
Shrewsbury
Stevenage
Stockport
Wigan
Wrexham
Wycombe
I think the fixtures list will come out on Thursday 20 June, but I can't find confirmation anywhere.

Bridgy 81

I think the fixtures list will come out on Thursday 20 June.
And if I heard GC right that’s also the day the players return to pre-season training.
So that’s just shy of 8 weeks for them to have a well deserved break.

sign of the chimes

The 18 teams definitely in League One next season

Blackpool
Bristol Rovers
Burton
Cambridge
Charlton
Exeter
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Mansfield
Northampton
Reading
Rotherhan
Shrewsbury
Stevenage
Stockport
Wigan
Wrexham
Wycombe
I think League 1 could be an absolute belter next term. I hope for your sakes that you get Argyle back down (assuming that's what you want), not least because it's currently a very Northern looking division.

That said, I'd love to see Birmingham and Huddersfield in there with some of the new boys - as well as a couple of sides I think could be resurgent next year.

I think the play-offs could be pretty interesting in both leagues 1 and 2. In terms of the latter I can't quite believe that Crawley are in there given the direction of travel they seemed to have not so long ago.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the play-offs could be pretty interesting in both leagues 1 and 2. In terms of the latter I can't quite believe that Crawley are in there given the direction of travel they seemed to have not so long ago.
Nothing short of a miracle what the Crawley manager achieved this season

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing short of a miracle what the Crawley manager achieved this season
Yep..They were many pundits favourites for relegation at the start of the season. They looked decent in the League Cup 1st round game at SJP.

Bridgy 81

We’ve got plenty of northern trips next season, so I wouldn’t mind at all if Crawley come up.
Plus, as I fancy an evening at Tyber’s Reggae Bar in Tunbridge Wells I could incorporate a visit there into that away day.

denzel

Crawley v MK Dons
Donny v Crewe

Donny have the momentum. Only ground I haven't been to but furthest away so I'm torn

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crawley v MK Dons
Donny v Crewe

Donny have the momentum. Only ground I haven't been to but furthest away so I'm torn
Just moved to Sheffield, so it's looking pretty stacked, even with Wednesday likely to stay up. Greedy it may be, but I wouldn't mind Barnsley staying down and Donny coming up!

Grecian2K

Derby's promotion will cause the EFL a bit of a problem though.
They'll have to find someone else for us to play on Tuesday nights.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
So we finish with an average of 6,800 just 46 less than last season which all in all is pretty fantastic considering the post promotion feel good feeling last season. One place lower than last season as the 16th best supported team in the league. We have punched in terms of our attendances to finish 14th and now 13th so to get top ten will require GC to once more pull a few more rabitts out of the hat recruitment wise for next season. I have a good feeling he will do so again but will the league be stronger next season ....

Sky Bet League One | Average Attendances | Home Matches | 2022-2023 | Football Web Pages