• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing changes

I'll miss him as I can't attend the Stevenage match

JW57++

Nice one.
We stayed in Premier Plus rooms in Warrington (for our recent win at Wigan) and Shrewsbury for our win there last week.
Mainly for Mrs Bridgy so she can sit on the posh chair you get with her feet up on the matching stool, streaming something on her iPad via the included fast broadband and with a bottle of wine (which you have to supply yourself) in the mini fridge and the coffee pod machine and complimentary chocolates nearby.
The good news is that I’m currently 100% for away wins when we’ve been based based in Premier Plus rooms but the less good news is that we’re beginning to get a taste for the good life 🥂🥂
Go carefully Bridgy. We want you to be able to afford to watch the home games too.

Bridgy 81

Go carefully Bridgy. We want you to be able to afford to watch the home games too.
As I think I've said on here before, for reasons even I struggle to fully understand and explain, I prefer going to away matches these days and do them much more frequently than home games currently.
I think it's partly because I get into routines that sometimes don't last long but other times last years!
Although I am making a home appearance for the Oxford final game, despite the fact that after I bought my ticket the kickoff time change has made it more inconvenient for me!!

andrew p long

3 games playing today despite the international break. What do we want/need?

If bottom place Carlisle don't beat Stevenage then they can no longer catch us and we are mathematically safe from finishing 24th! But realistically they are 21 points behind us at present and there is no way they are catching us (it would be nice if they beat Cheltenham next month!)

Burton-Port Vale is the big one. The great thing is that they can't get more than 3 points between them this weekend, so there will be a good aspect to any result. Port Vale are 14 points behind us with two games in hand, so defeat for then makes their chances of catching us more remote. But Burton are 8 points behind with a game in hand so defeat for them leaves them struggling

Perhaps best is a draw between Port Vale and Burton as it will damage both clubs chances of catching us.

Final game is Northampton-Derby. Northampton are the team immediately above us, so a defeat for them would be good for our (limited chances of moving up the table.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing changes

Should have just named himself as a substitute.

elginCity

On paper not a bad game for playoff chasing Stevenage to be without their leading scorer v the bottom club. On paper.

Alistair20000

On paper not a bad game for playoff chasing Stevenage to be without their leading scorer v the bottom club. On paper.
The Carlisle corpse has twitched. They are 1-0 up

arthur

There are four teams above us on 50 points (Northampton temporarily have 53). Our focus should now be on overhauling these - we are not going to be relegated

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are four teams above us on 50 points (Northampton temporarily have 53). Our focus should now be on overhauling these - we are not going to be relegated
Hopefully the end of season run in, will be about showing what to expect next season and giving some hope to many that we will be better to watch next season and significantly more effective in the final third of the pitch. Season tickets might well depend on it

manc grecian

Stevenage 2 up