• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely in the mix.

I'd bet against Cheltenham and Wigan for the reasons I mentioned upthread. Think all others up to Port Vale in 15th are in the conversation. I don't think either Wycombe or Charlton on the same points will get dragged in. Lincoln are 3 points better off, but in horrible form - but I think the extra points and the number of bodies between them and the bottom four keep them out of the equation to.

My predictions are typically awful though.
Lincoln have a load more up front, but they've not looked great from what I've read...but early days. Cheltenham seem to be shedding a lot of players.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Buy them with the cash in the trust coffers and send ourselves some loan players
but don't take on the debt...

sign of the chimes

Lincoln have a load more up front, but they've not looked great from what I've read...but early days. Cheltenham seem to be shedding a lot of players.
I've seen a few people saying Lincoln look terrible at the moment and as though they could get dragged in - just think the chances of them becoming so bad as to not pick up the 13/14 points they need from the remaining 20 games feels fanciful.

I think Cheltenham sent five or six loanees back to their parent clubs. They were all signed by Wade Elliott (i.e. before Darrell Clarke took over and turned them around) and none had really featured - apart from one who went back to Villa with an injury with a view to being re-signed if he was fit at the end of the month. When the loanees were released he said it would enable them to bring in three first-teamers to add to his squad.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've seen a few people saying Lincoln look terrible at the moment and as though they could get dragged in - just think the chances of them becoming so bad as to not pick up the 13/14 points they need from the remaining 20 games feels fanciful.

I think Cheltenham sent five or six loanees back to their parent clubs. They were all signed by Wade Elliott (i.e. before Darrell Clarke took over and turned them around) and none had really featured - apart from one who went back to Villa with an injury with a view to being re-signed if he was fit at the end of the month. When the loanees were released he said it would enable them to bring in three first-teamers to add to his squad.
Sure, but Cheltenham are also losing their star man, Godwin (?), aren't they. Lincoln have Draper back plus that Luton lad we were hopeful for for a bit. Debut partnership not great by all accounts, but if they can replicate some of their league 2 form, should score enough to see them out.

sign of the chimes

Sure, but Cheltenham are also losing their star man, Godwin (?), aren't they. Lincoln have Draper back plus that Luton lad we were hopeful for for a bit. Debut partnership not great by all accounts, but if they can replicate some of their league 2 form, should score enough to see them out.
Yeah, think Godwin is off to Oxford - I guess that could unsettle Cheltenham, but think they've the double-bubble of positive momentum and a really good manager at this level. The turnaround Clarke's achieved since he took over (at which point their L1 record was played 9, 1 point and no goals), with the same players, is incredible. Their players looked like they'd run through brick walls when we played them a couple of weeks ago.

grecIAN Harris

Definitely in the mix.

I'd bet against Cheltenham and Wigan for the reasons I mentioned upthread. Think all others up to Port Vale in 15th are in the conversation. I don't think either Wycombe or Charlton on the same points will get dragged in. Lincoln are 3 points better off, but in horrible form - but I think the extra points and the number of bodies between them and the bottom four keep them out of the equation to.

My predictions are typically awful though.
Wycombe aren't all that clever, I could quite easily see them getting dragged in.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wycombe aren't all that clever, I could quite easily see them getting dragged in.
Whilst I'm not saying they'll definitely be fine, they have players who can score goals. I think that's what it'll boil down to, it usually does and that puts us and Shrewsbury in trouble

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We’ve got the worse attack in the division….

and that normally equals relegation

hopefully that’s not the case

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We beat them twice so I think you might be correct.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 14519
Bradford shedding more strikers than Chevchenko seves hot dinners