• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2, tight as a Nuns....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
For me, we are strongest when we attack, but too often we try to soak up pressure but don't have the players who can do it.
And yet the two games I have seen in the flesh so far this season we have gone away to far stronger teams, sat back and hit them on the counter and won both games.

Our strength clearly lies in our counter attacking ability, hence our record in recent seasons of being comparatively strong away and comparatively weak at home.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We have done well at times playing that way but on Sunday we counter attacked and the midfield/defence let us down. We struggle to turn narrow leads into three or four goal ones orient apart. We need to learn how to kill games off , or become better at getting the ball managed down the other end of the pitch to stop us coming under so much pressure.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well there you've just mentioned Orient, another team who came to the Park to play proper stuff, we picked them off at will to win 4-0.

I agree we didn't play particularly well at the back and in midfield on Sunday, mind.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would like orient to become more than just an exception when it comes to winning games comfortably.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We're so predictable that's our problem

We also over play in the wrong areas like across the back and in the full back slots especially