• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

i8cornwall

A vegan bar & some sort of ‘milk’ that ticks that box.
I believe the soup(packet) is Vegan

The club do get correspondence about vegan options & do actively look at the issue but with the best will in the world it is never going to be a selection like FGR.
It’s more then a vast amount of other clubs do, it probably wouldn’t be cost effective for the club to offer anything more then that.

FGR are very much a one off.

ryancooper327

FGR now sign a striker from Sheffield United.

chrisw

FGR now sign a striker from Sheffield United.
I have been amazed at how many signings Cooper has made. Mr Vince must have increased his financial support bearing in mind when the season starts it will be behind closed doors or limited numbers! Definitely a case of buying promotion.

Legohead

Banned
Money doesn't always buy success. No guarantee that FGR will get promoted although undoubtedly they have a significantly better chance than most now.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have been amazed at how many signings Cooper has made. Mr Vince must have increased his financial support bearing in mind when the season starts it will be behind closed doors or limited numbers! Definitely a case of buying promotion.
Shouldn't that rather be "yet another case of him trying to buy promotion", as a bit like us at Wembley, he has only been successful just the once ! 😎

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It amazes me that in this time the irresponsibility of clubs in signing players as If this is a normal pre-season and normal times.
Clubs below the top 2 divisions seriously need to consider that crowds in full forms may not be back for some time and committing to spending is reckless and irresponsible on a level never know before. I will not have sympathy with the likes of Mansfield and Forest Green for their recklessness this summer.

Banksy

Presumably those clubs like FGR and Mansfield have owners who have very deep pockets and are confident about weathering the storm.In which case they will regard this as just another business opportunity to get ahead of the pack.After all , they might think , the rest are hamstrung by the crisis so now’s our chance!
Mind you , I’ve no idea what the financial situations are of each individual owner in League 2 or indeed the League above.

malcolms

I can't believe that the 2nd Division is starting again without a plan in place as to how to finance the resumption. If clubs are required to play with no spectators then there has to be independent financing. It's like asking someone to paint the inside of your house, but not allowing them to enter...

Grecian Max

Vince's involvement in FGR is very much to be a walking (running) ad for Ecotricity and the associated aims of that company. How many they get through the gates doesn't matter, he's pushing his brand. The colours, everything has changed to reflect that.

Legohead

Banned
Vince's involvement in FGR is very much to be a walking (running) ad for Ecotricity and the associated aims of that company. How many they get through the gates doesn't matter, he's pushing his brand. The colours, everything has changed to reflect that.
Makes perfect sense Max now you've highlighted it. He does seem to attract more media attention than the likes of the owners of Oldham or Cambridge for example which helps him further this end even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.