• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
They are past masters at bullying officials, too, as we saw in the playoff game here a couple of years ago.
Didn't work though

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't work though
Not on that occasion, no. Which is why I made it a separate point from the one about feigning injuries etc. But it does often work, which is why teams do it.

But I do wonder why our referees allow this stuff so often, from players and coaches / managers alike. If I was a ref I'd book any player who waves an imaginary card to get an opponent booked / sent off, or confronts me in a hostile manner, and it would soon stop. At least refs *are* starting to caution serial divers, Mr Grealish will doubtless think hard about this after it cost his team a point and Mr Delle Alli at Tottenham must also be reflecting.

They don't get away with it in Rugby (Union or League).

DB9

Not on that occasion, no. Which is why I made it a separate point from the one about feigning injuries etc. But it does often work, which is why teams do it.

But I do wonder why our referees allow this stuff so often, from players and coaches / managers alike. If I was a ref I'd book any player who waves an imaginary card to get an opponent booked / sent off, or confronts me in a hostile manner, and it would soon stop. At least refs *are* starting to caution serial divers, Mr Grealish will doubtless think hard about this after it cost his team a point and Mr Delle Alli at Tottenham must also be reflecting.

Me I think it's about "playing the game" there will always be people trying it on, We use to moan all the time about Wycombe, The players an manager know what they're like and shouldn't play into them and their tactics, If you want play fair and square all the time you'll not get very far

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

From the two sending off incidents we have been involved with this season (Parkes and Sweeney) it doesn't appear the referees get much support from the EFL, which is probably why some managers try it on and then go bleating to the suits afterwards screaming for justice.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm sure we all hope this young Hull City player makes a full recovery from bowel cancer

Grecian2K

Fortunes change. Soon he'll have been gone too long.
That would be a Supreme irony!

exeter-loyal

I'm sure we all hope this young Hull City player makes a full recovery from bowel cancer
Terrible news, hope he gets through it.

les.gtfc

Terrible news, hope he gets through it.
The poor lad's not had much luck. He missed most of last season with deep vein thrombosis and suffered a blood clot on his lung when he was younger.

Certainly seems like a fighter and here's hoping he wins this latest fight.

Alistair20000

The poor lad's not had much luck. He missed most of last season with deep vein thrombosis and suffered a blood clot on his lung when he was younger.

Certainly seems like a fighter and here's hoping he wins this latest fight.
Agreed. What a catalogue of bad luck with I’ll health for the lad. Hope he makes a full recovery.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This website has stated publishing statistics about League 2, though it's all a bit too detailed for me to make much sense of.

Status
Not open for further replies.