• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Balls. Finished 0-1. The silver lining is that FGR looked shiite. They won't win many games in the run-in playing like that.
And ColU look primed for a battering when they turn up on Good Friday.

Alistair20000

Going up as champions has just got a bit tougher for us.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't quite work out whether tis good news or bad but looks like Grecians and Port Vale have most "6 pointer" games against other "Top 10" sides to play.
Looking positive I guess it only proves that our future is definitely in our hands starting V Port Vale tomorrow
UTC !

Top 10 ClubsNo Top 10 6 Pointers
Exeter5
Port Vale5
FGR4
Mansfield4
Newport4
Bristol3
Sutton3
Northampton2
Swindon2
Tranmere2

scottus86

Just win our homes games (4 out of 5 are against teams below mid table) and the game v Carlisle away. That leaves us with 4 away games v tough opposition where we rely on our tough backline to be hard to break down and hope we can nick a goal. That's what I'd be asking from the squad.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
10 games to play with 64 points. At this point in our championship winning season we had 66 points.

Our record during the run in for the last 10 games was lost 1 drew 2 and won 7.= 23 points total 89.

To match that looking at the games we have left is going to take some doing.

However staying positive we won the league by 10 clear points so could another 15 points finishing with 79 be enough I think they may well be and that is doable.

Draw at Vale win on Saturday and that would leave a minimum target of 11 points over 8 games and that sounds very interesting…..so let’s keep the faith UTC.

Red Devon

10 games to play with 64 points. At this point in our championship winning season we had 66 points.

Our record during the run in for the last 10 games was lost 1 drew 2 and won 7.= 23 points total 89.

However staying positive we won the league by 10 clear points so could another 15 points finishing with 79 be enough I think they may well be and that is doable.

Draw at Vale win on Saturday and that would leave a minimum target of 11 points over 8 games and that sounds very interesting…..so let’s keep the faith UTC.
79 maybe cutting it a bit fine SB, I don’t think it’s inconceivable that a couple of those teams right behind us could win six of their last eight games which would still leave us needing 80 or 81 points.

denzel

Can't quite work out whether tis good news or bad but looks like Grecians and Port Vale have most "6 pointer" games against other "Top 10" sides to play.
Looking positive I guess it only proves that our future is definitely in our hands starting V Port Vale tomorrow
UTC !

Top 10 ClubsNo Top 10 6 Pointers
Exeter5
Port Vale5
FGR4
Mansfield4
Newport4
Bristol3
Sutton3
Northampton2
Swindon2
Tranmere2
Are any of them playing Salford? They are on a roll and are capable of beating anyone on their day

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are any of them playing Salford? They are on a roll and are capable of beating anyone on their day
As are Hartlepool and Bradford. Crawley also seem to fluctuate between being world-beaters one game and terrible the next.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

So being super-optimistic, if we were to win our next 5 games we could be promoted before Easter!

Banksy

Going up as champions has just got a bit tougher for us.
A loss against Vale , albeit with a weakened team would set us back on our heels instantly for all the talk that it’s just one of our games in hand. But I’ll settle for scraping in at third place whatever dirty way we do it .After FGR’s great start they‘ e built too much of a lead and who knows they could suddenly hit form again for the run in.
Just avoid the playoffs at all costs else we’ll be moaning about having to go into them with all our key players out after the long hard season.Imagine Stubbs , Dieng and Nombe being out for a crucial playoff against Northampton or Mansfield , doesn’t bear thinking about.