• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last minute wonders ...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forgot about that one...loved writing in the book about the nut that stripped ******* naked outside the ground and drove home in the nude after getting drenched that day!
i think he prefers the name Adrian...

Wellyred

Bout 88th I think. I got so wet my ipod broke in ny pocket. Never seen rain like it.
Agree never in all my football watching time seen rain like that..had to sit next to wivey grecian with just his skags on all the way home...didnt think anyone still wore white Y-Fronts any more!

ecfcgraham

Devine's last minute equaliser away at Orient in our relegation season. Brilliant.

... On an unsavoury note, after the full time whistle Russell, Lewis and Gellar came and stood in front of the away end and slapping their chests. Yuck.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peter Rogers at Newport 1983..That was probably the last goal in the FL that season..Newport kicked off at 3-15pm in those days(somethiong to do with the local miners work shifts) & that goal saved the Grecians from relegation to Division 4 & sent Reading down instead.....Reading were already celebrating their 'escape' forgetting that the game at Somerton Park was 15 minutes behind everyone else in the FL...:D...

Oldsmobile-88

One of the most meaningless was Flacky's winner against Southend.We were already relegated to the Conference..I honestly thought that was going to be the Grecians last goal ever in the FL..

Rog H K

John Richardson's late goal at Tamworth FA CUP was late.

Jersey Tone

Kwame at Stamford in FA Trophy thereby saving us a unneccessary playoff ...
Great call. If I remember rightly there was a grass bank behind the goal, nearly went arse over head celebrating Kwame's winner. I'm sure somebody did go over though, might have been Dom S, bless him.

Billericay away, didn't Sean Devine get two in the last two minutes. Another honourable mention must go to Dom here.....I think he was already in the clubhouse drowning his sorrows!!

What about this one - Micky Ross, injury time winner against Blackpool. During the Alan Ball era. Sweetly tucked home a cross in front of the old Big Bank. Cue mental celebrations.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i think he prefers the name Adrian...
That's right...top man, fair dues!

Athelstan

Billericay away, didn't Sean Devine get two in the last two minutes.

What about this one - Micky Ross, injury time winner against Blackpool. During the Alan Ball era. Sweetly tucked home a cross in front of the old Big Bank. Cue mental celebrations.
Jake Edwards got one of the late goals at Billericay, the equaliser I think. Good call on the Blackpool one too - I think most of the crowd had fallen asleep by the time Ross got on the end of a low cross from the right about a yard out. I still remember the Blackpool defenders with their heads in their hands, incredulous that they had switched off right at the death, as neither side had looked remotely like scoring.

I know it was discussed a lot at the time, but half the City fans in the away end at Burton were closer to getting a touch on the ball for the fourth goal than Logie was (legend though he is). Deano crossed the ball, it deflected off one of their defenders and looped over the keeper; nobody will ever convince me otherwise!

Hants, you must be thinking of Flacky's late, late header in the 3-3 draw at Woking. That was another good one.

Just to prove that we have been on the receiving end more than our fair share of times, the most gut-wrenching last ditch goal I remember us conceding was when that 12-year-old scored for Cambridge in our 2-1 loss at the Abbey Stadium late in the relegation season. I really thought Scotty Hiley was going to cry on the pitch, he looked so devastated - good thing he didn't as he would probably have set half the City fans off with him.

Mr Jinx

lots of great memories there.

Challinor's not one, but two last minute goals away to Crawley.