• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Bridgy 81

Naughty , naughty Bridgy! Do love those Matchmakers myself though I must say. Great that you both like the same sort of films. My wife wouldn’t go within a hundred miles of a sci-fi movie. The only films we get to share really are westerns and the odd selected war film , and she only likes the older less violent ones.Did you find it all came together storywise after you’d seen the second film? I didn’t make too much of the first after all the hoo ha about it , maybe I needed to see the second , although as you say I might need to watch the first again so it makes more sense.
We go to stuff that I like and we go to stuff that she likes.
That’s why we’ve been happily married for coming up to 40 years - as well as other things I suppose.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s why we’ve been happily married for coming up to 40 years - as well as other things I suppose.
I go to things I like, she does things she likes. Worked well for 33 years😄

Banksy

Indeed that’s what it’s all about.I can’t for one minute blame my wife for not liking some of the stuff I do.We do a lot of other things together , went to a quiz as part of a team last night for instance. She likes gardening , I like football though so I won’t stop her doing that especially when the football’s on.😀

Bridgy 81

Second trip to the cinema this week duly completed earlier this evening.
This time it was to see Immaculate.
Gruesome and at times very gory goings-on involving Nuns in an Italian convent.
It was ok, but only if you like that type of thing!
If not, steer clear would be my advice.
I also noticed again today as the film was starting, when they put that thing up on the screen with someone’s signature showing it’s rating, that Natasha Kaplinsky (television newsreader and presenter) is now President of the British Board of Film Classification.
That wouldn’t be a bad job.
Presumably it just involves watching films for free then deciding who else you think should be allowed to.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

I also noticed again today as the film was starting, when they put that thing up on the screen with someone’s signatures showing it’s rating, that Natasha Kaplinsky (television newsreader and presenter) is now President of the British Board of Film Classification.
That wouldn’t be a bad job.
Presumably it just involves watching films for free then deciding who else you think should be allowed to.
You might even be allowed tax deductions for your popcorn ! :)

Bridgy 81

You might even be allowed tax deductions for your popcorn ! :)
There were two blokes near us who seemed to be either scoffing popcorn or slurping enormous drinks through straws for almost the entire film.
I can’t really see the appeal personally.

Alistair20000

There were two blokes near us who seemed to be either scoffing popcorn or slurping enormous drinks through straws for almost the entire film.
I can’t really see the appeal personally.
Bleddy love 🍿 me.

Banksy

Bleddy love 🍿 me.
You must be the noisy ### who sits behind me every time I go to the cinema.

Oldsmobile-88

Terminator(1984)

40th anniversary of its release so I decided to watch it for the umpteenth time. Never tire of it.
I first watched it on Video about 1986/87. I’d missed the big screen showing for some reason, which is baffling because I saw many of the contemporary films at the ABC or Odeon during the era.

We all know the lines in the film from Arnie. Starting with “ Nice night for a walk”

Michael Biehn who played Kyle Reese, John Connors biological father, had a great performance/part in the film which is often overlooked. Biehn was as memorable in Aliens(1986) as Cpl Hicks.
The film was a surprisingly huge box office success, produced on a relatively modest budget($6m) Grossing over 12 times that amount at the Box Office

Always a 10/10.. The best film of the franchise series.

Antony Moxey

Terminator(1984)

40th anniversary of its release so I decided to watch it for the umpteenth time. Never tire of it.
I first watched it on Video about 1986/87. I’d missed the big screen showing for some reason, which is baffling because I saw many of the contemporary films at the ABC or Odeon during the era.

We all know the lines in the film from Arnie. Starting with “ Nice night for a walk”

Michael Biehn who played Kyle Reese, John Connors biological father, had a great performance/part in the film which is often overlooked. Biehn was as memorable in Aliens(1986) as Cpl Hicks.
The film was a surprisingly huge box office success, produced on a relatively modest budget($6m) Grossing over 12 times that amount at the Box Office

Always a 10/10.. The best film of the franchise series.
One of the first dates me and SWMBO went on when it came out in 1984! As you say, a top film, as were most of the 80s action flix - has there been a better decade for the genre?