• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I’ve mentioned Top Gun & Maverick. The first time I saw a F-14 Tomcat was at Yeovilton Air Day in 1976. It performed a near supersonic fly pass, everyone thought the same, fcuking hell, what was that ? Then about a minute later returned at slow speed with its wings in a different configuration.
It was a wow moment, most of us there had never seen one live or on film.

ecfc70

Damsel - Millie Bobby Brown's twist on a fairytale on Netflix
Fun storyline, ott CGI and acting as wooden as the old grandstand
Not the best and not the worst thing watched but ok for something you don't have to get engrossed in
5.62/10

Banksy

Damsel - Millie Bobby Brown's twist on a fairytale on Netflix
Fun storyline, ott CGI and acting as wooden as the old grandstand
Not the best and not the worst thing watched but ok for something you don't have to get engrossed in
5.62/10
Yes , watched that one myself the other week , six Rapunzels out of ten deadly dragons.As you say , an easy watch.

berniesworld

Not out until August but the trailer has dropped today.

Please be good, please be good, please be good 🙏🏻

IMG_2125.jpeg

Antony Moxey

Gran Tourismo. Based on the true story of a teenage gamer given a chance to earn a contract with a real racing team in a real race series. Gets a little bit lost part way through and I couldn’t really take to the lead actor but have to say it was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Lots of nods to the game - obviously - and if you’re a fan of the game - I am - you’ll recognize them instantly. Rivet counters will be all over the various errors (does anyone ever get the driving sequences in motor racing films right), but for me it’s a country mile ahead of the last motor racing film I saw Ferrari. Seven joysticks out of ten Nismos.

Stelios

Charlotte Grey (2001). Beautiful British agent gets sent to work with the French resistance in WW2 occupied France. Promising start but story got a bit lost and muddled. All the usual tropes. A bit too sentimental for my liking. Annoying child characters didn’t help either. 5 berets out of 10 collaborators

Stelios

The Pianist (2002). Holocaust drama so wasn’t expecting a barrel of laughs based in the Warsaw Ghetto. Not great. One of those films that critics are duty bound to rate because of the subject matter etc. Reminded me of 12 Years A Slave (which I didn’t rate either). You follow the main character throughout but they’re basically powerless. There’s just a series of terrible events that happen to them then the film ends. Not enough drama/suspense. 5 Chopins out 10 Ludwig Van Bs

Oldsmobile-88

The Pianist (2002). Holocaust drama so wasn’t expecting a barrel of laughs based in the Warsaw Ghetto. Not great. One of those films that critics are duty bound to rate because of the subject matter etc. Reminded me of 12 Years A Slave (which I didn’t rate either). You follow the main character throughout but they’re basically powerless. There’s just a series of terrible events that happen to them then the film ends. Not enough drama/suspense. 5 Chopins out 10 Ludwig Van Bs
I generally don’t like Hollywood screenwriters/producers portrayal of the events of the Holocaust/Final Solution.
The stories should be told, this has been done a lot more thoroughly by the many documentaries since the World at War episode in 1974, the first time that many of us saw full horror of what had happened...A feature film with various actors we all know can never portray that.

fred binneys head

I generally don’t like Hollywood screenwriters/producers portrayal of the events of the Holocaust/Final Solution.
The stories should be told, this has been done a lot more thoroughly by the many documentaries since the World at War episode in 1974, the first time that many of us saw full horror of what had happened...A feature film with various actors we all know can never portray that.
I understand your perspective Olds, but did you not enjoy Schindler’s List? I thought that was an incredible film.

And, whilst not a holocaust film as such, Jo-Jo Rabbit was also an amazing film.

Oldsmobile-88

I understand your perspective Olds, but did you not enjoy Schindler’s List? I thought that was an incredible film.

And, whilst not a holocaust film as such, Jo-Jo Rabbit was also an amazing film.
Yes, Schindlers List was a great production.

I’ve not seen the other film mentioned. I will check that one out.