• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Pink Panther, Revenge of the Pink Panther and Pink Panther Strikes Again on Sky Movies: Modern Greats tonight. Utter, utter genius - does stuff like that ever stop being funny?
I love those movies too! :)

Red Lion

Happy Gilmore.

Adam Sandler at his best as a failed wannabe ice hockey star who stumbles into a lucrative golf career.

Almost complete quality.

9/10

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Working Girl Harrison Ford Sigourney Weaver Melanie Griffith

The films 1988 vintage but don't let that put you off. Of the three main stars, who all played a good part, Griffith deserves the plaudits.

Tess McGill (Griffith) is a secretary who dreams of getting a foot on the management ladder. She tells her boss (Weaver) of an idea of hers, an idea that's so good her boss is determined to pass it off as her own. When Weaver breaks her leg, Tess discovers her treachery and with the help of her boss's classy wardrobe she attempts to market her own plan with the help of Weavers boyfriend (Ford) who's unaware she's just a secretary/typist.

A very easy 9/10

CC

Watched Inception last night and it was really good if a bit complicated for my little brain to cope with. Top special effects and very 'Matrixy' in it's alternate realities and look.

Harry Potter 1 and 2 are also both great and I saw them earlier in the week.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Working Girl Harrison Ford Sigourney Weaver Melanie Griffith

The films 1988 vintage but don't let that put you off. Of the three main stars, who all played a good part, Griffith deserves the plaudits.

Tess McGill (Griffith) is a secretary who dreams of getting a foot on the management ladder. She tells her boss (Weaver) of an idea of hers, an idea that's so good her boss is determined to pass it off as her own. When Weaver breaks her leg, Tess discovers her treachery and with the help of her boss's classy wardrobe she attempts to market her own plan with the help of Weavers boyfriend (Ford) who's unaware she's just a secretary/typist.

A very easy 9/10
plus you get to see a fair bit of flesh..

"I have a brain for business and a bod for sin"..

Good film...

Poultice

plus you get to see a fair bit of flesh..

"I have a brain for business and a bod for sin"..

Good film...
Stuffy and Bill, two sad old pervs watching chick flicks.

"Takers", yet another example of the paucity of good screen writing, FFS, who casts Stringer Bell as a hapless knobber ? Plenty of style, gangsta talk, violence and a great foot chase but so so dull and predictable. 4/10

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Inception, followed by RED. Seen Inception before and it was just as class and just as confusing the second time round. Red was just a standard jokey action film, not going to leave much of an impression but not the worst film that I've ever seen.

Might watch Restrepo later (got it for Christmas). It follows troops in Afghanistan and is described as Hurt Locker but in real life.

Kiss me deadly - 1950's film directed by Robert Aldrich. Seems to be rated very highly by some critics I respect but, although I admire the look
of the film, I remain underwhelmed and frankly irritated by the silly scene at the end where the mystery box is opened. It would be slammed shut, not opened wider. 5 / 10

LOG

No Country for Old Men. You've all seen it or know what it's about.

Coen brothers doing what they do, and i like that.

7.5/10.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Gulliver's Travels. Puerile. Its just a vehicle for Jack Black to be Jeff Black. Why have the likes have Billy Connolly and Catherine Tate if you don't use their comic talents? Hugely disappointing. 5/10.