• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last band you saw live

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Marillion (OF COURSE!!) a week ago today. Magnificent gig.

PS: Mr Ashford. Glad you enjoyed the Toto gig too...and the RAH is one hell of a venue isn't it! (Fortunate enough to see the Marillo gig there last October as well. A truly awesome place to enjoy music.

Ashford Grecian

Marillion (OF COURSE!!) a week ago today. Magnificent gig.

PS: Mr Ashford. Glad you enjoyed the Toto gig too...and the RAH is one hell of a venue isn't it! (Fortunate enough to see the Marillo gig there last October as well. A truly awesome place to enjoy music.
Saw Marillion at Stone Free a couple of years, never thought anyone could replace Fish but Steve Hogarth is pretty amazing... That is right up there with the best gigs I have been too (y) Was my first visit to RAH and is an absolutely superb venue for music (clap)

Terryhall

Tocotronic. German band, if you like your 90's era Britpop and either speak German (or don't mind not understanding the lyrics) then definitely worth checking out. Spent most of the gig trying to work out exactly which band they remind me of most, and by the end I decided that they're most like Tocotronic which probably isn't helpful - but depending on which song you listen to there are shades of Suede, Pulp (mostly because the singer reminds me of Jarvis Cocker / Brett Anderson), Dandy Warhols... but they're a good bit heavier than all of those I'd say.

I reckon this goes into my top 5 gigs of all time, they really were that good and it was a cracking atmosphere which is pretty rare for a Swiss crowd - also a double encore which I have never, ever seen in Switzerland before.

If anyone fancies checking them out I could recommend these as being worth a listen

Wir sind hier nicht in Seattle, Dirk
Nach Bahrenfeld im Bus (not "Nachbarin fällt im Bus", which I suppose is only funny if you speak German)
Freiburg
Drüben auf dem Hügel
Samstag ist Selbtsmord
Ich bin viel zu lange mit euch mitgegangen

DB9

Following on from the "Life's simple pleasures" thread i posted on, Seeing Secret Affair live last night at The Brook Southampton. A brilliant evening, Great band and some cracking songs from the Mod revival era of the late 70's/Early 80's. It's their 40th Anniversary of the Glory Boys Album tour. Other than the two songs most people know, "My World" and "Time for Action" (Which they played and was 'kin awesome) You don't realise how talented a musicians they are, Just simply brilliant.

Last edited:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
The South ……..

Ashford Grecian

UFO farewell gig in Kentish Town Friday before last - a great send off and sad to hear of Paul Raymond's passing yesterday :(

Last edited:

les.gtfc

2 of my all-time favourite bands/artistes on consecutive nights, within a few miles of each other at the end of March.

Jim Bob from Carter USM (supported by The Frank & Walters) at Shepherds Bush Arena on the Saturday night and then on the Sunday at Kentish Town Forum, Stiff Little Fingers, supported by The Vapors and Eddie and the Hot Rods.

Both nights superb.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Seen Carter a few times even got into one of the vids when they were filming outside and thought for a few seconds they were DS with the camera.
SLF seen them probably more times than any other band and went backstage after a gig in Georges hall and ended up drinking some of their beers, both excellent bands live didn't realise Eddie and the Hot Rods were still going tbh and never thought you would be into that sort of stuff Les.

les.gtfc

Seen Carter a few times even got into one of the vids when they were filming outside and thought for a few seconds they were DS with the camera.
SLF seen them probably more times than any other band and went backstage after a gig in Georges hall and ended up drinking some of their beers, both excellent bands live didn't realise Eddie and the Hot Rods were still going tbh and never thought you would be into that sort of stuff Les.
I've always been an old punk at heart mate.

I didn't know Eddie and the Hot Rods were still going either until the night but they were superb to be honest, The Vapors weren't bad but EATHR were a lot better.

I was in the first "In Bed With Carter" DVD too which was filmed at Brixton Academy.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Think this winter was filled as their final ever tour. I suppose that from now on they are gonna go out and do whatever else it is that they wanna do !

Last edited: