• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Away Game of the Season

Chief

With tonight’s opponents being the dreaded Northampton I see that they are also our opponents for the last away game.
Hopefully a sunny spring day and still with everything to play for fingers crossed.
We should try and make it a party 🥳 .

Hands up who remembers inflatable bananas ? Flowery shirts, beach balls and Samba football.

What could go wrong. I’ll be the one dressed like Magnum PI but I’ll be leaving Zeus and Apollo at home as they’re not keen on soccer.

Attachments

David Treharne

Who remembers Purple pineapples?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Cod Army

Chief

Heard of Blue Waffles.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly I can remember a teary day at Sixfields in the "bad old days" when Grecians were fighting to survive. At half time, to home fans applause, we were allowed on the pitch to walk behind a "Don't let Our City Die" poster collecting money.
Northampton fans were brilliant to us that day to the extent that, when I got back to the car and turned on Radio 5 live, the first caller was a Northampton fan who said he had been moved by what proper fans would do for the club they loved and wished us all the best. I
It took me 10 mins to pull myself together to be able to drive home !

My oh my how Grecian times have changed - I for one would love to celebrate success at Northampton to help me lay the "ghosts of seasons past" to bed.
I obviously hope we are already promoted by then so I can have a proper day out though !

UTC

Squeezebox

Who remembers Purple pineapples?
It also featured at Worldnet back in the day!

Information

Keep an eye out for this

• Regular Season Final Day

• League One – Weekend of 30 April 2022
  • League Two & Championship – Weekend of 7/8 May 2022

As League One is over a week early there MAY be a Sky game

If so then EVERY game will be moved to be played at the same time.....

tonykellowfan

I've nothing against Northampton, I don't know why people lay into decent clubs like Northampton and Stevenage, they are not a bunch of plastics like Salford or MK.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've nothing against Northampton, I don't know why people lay into decent clubs like Northampton and Stevenage, they are not a bunch of plastics like Salford or MK.
The case against "Phil my Wallet" Stevenage Chairman has been well documented on these boards ! It is an ownership thing, the same as Northampton , that even has its own thread. What is it that you are unable to comprehend about owners who borrow £10 Million from the local council to complete the redevelopment of their main stand, only for the money to go "missing in action" and the work not to take place, the police and council are still looking for the money, with little hope of recovery ! Of course just maybe some of that was used instead to "buy promotion" ?
Decent clubs my ar$e, they may have some decent fans, but they are rotten from the top down ! :p

tonykellowfan

Well on the same basis people should be laying into us as we only survived with a CVA and welshing on our debts.