• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lack of creativity and goals.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We've now got two games coming up to sort out team selection, formation and tactics. Blackpool in the FA Cup and Bristol Rovers in the Checkatrade Trophy. Hopefully Matt will try out some changes ready for Northampton at home in a fortnight.
Missed out Norwich City this Thursday in the Premier League U23s Cup. 7pm kick off at SJP.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree in part but I still think you only have to go back to the second half against Cheltenham for what needs to be done....Taylor wide right in front of Sweeney, then put Law in the middle and hope Holmes is fit enough to replace the awful Lee Martin and Forte for the hard working but ineffective Matt Jay.
Obviously the line up / set up I suggested wouldn't be my first choice, I was basing it on who was available yesterday, neither Forte or Holmes were available.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've now got two games coming up to sort out team selection, formation and tactics. Blackpool in the FA Cup and Bristol Rovers in the Checkatrade Trophy. Hopefully Matt will try out some changes ready for Northampton at home in a fortnight.
Play the kids in the Checkatrade, it's a dead rubber and we need players to have a week between games at the moment.
Moxey is suspended for Blackpool so I suspect Woodman will come back.
Should we look to recall Sparkes?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The good thing is that MT isn’t burying his head in the sand and judging by his comments after yesterday’s game he knows he has to sort out this poor form. Boateng is a massive loss as he links so well with Law and others but we have to find a way without him now.

I’d like to see O’Shea come in for Croll in the two cup games to see how he does and also to preserve with Collins too. In addition give Abrahams couple of starts too. I’m not a Matt Jay fan as he reminds me of Chris Shepherd (loads of effort but is basically non-league standard).

It’s not time to panic yet and don’t forget we had a 4-5 game poor spell at the end of August which we followed up with an 11 game unbeaten run so we just need to keep working hard and hope some of the injured players make it back soon.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
One proper goal in four games is clearly a concern but I thought we created plenty of chances yesterday. It's just a shame that probably the best two fell to Lee Martin who is clearly lacking in confidence at the moment.
Matt Taylor seemed to be more concerned in his interview with the soft goals we are conceding.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor was a defender and is bound to view the team from that aspect. He probably just expects players like Matt Jay and Lee Martin to be able to put chances away, he may be wrong to assume that.