• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kyle Taylor

Bridgy 81

Kyle signed for us on a 3 year deal from a Championship club in 2021 (and they were then promoted to the Premier League the following season).
We were League 2 when he came to us so as he’d been at a club that high up the pyramid and we’d given him that length of contract we obviously had very high hopes for him.
Unfortunately it’s not worked out for him or us.
Clearly his terrible injury has had a major influence on that, as has our promotion probably.
I think he’ll leave us in the summer and if he wants to stay in football he’ll need to start again lower down.

JGrecian23

I thought at the start of the season he looked quite promising when involved. Had decent energy and looked to go forward a lot. However he hasn't kicked on and it's probably best for all involved if he can move on.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought at the start of the season he looked quite promising when involved. Had decent energy and looked to go forward a lot. However he hasn't kicked on and it's probably best for all involved if he can move on.
He doesn't seem to have recovered his pre-injury form. Shame as he looked promising.

grecianstew

He doesn't seem to have recovered his pre-injury form. Shame as he looked promising.
But even pre injury he was only a fringe player in a Lge 2 team.

iscalad

But even pre injury he was only a fringe player in a Lge 2 team.
I would say he was a decent squad player.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He never had any pre injury form, he rarely got a run of games, and when he did play he was slightly off the pace. The only game he really stood out in was the one where he ended up getting his horrific injury, up until that moment he was man of the match.

Overall, ability wise, not quite good enough, and despite a good work ethic he wasn't physically quite strong enough.

ryancooper327

I still like him! But probably best to drop down to L2, play a load of games and work out where his best position is. A few times he did come on he added skill and urgency to our play, which we need sometimes!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst I do feel huge sympathy for Kyle, with the injury he had, he just isn't good enough for league one at the moment and whilst a lot of that is probably due to his major injury, he is at an age where he needs to play football and dropping to league two is probably his best bet to get back to his best.

andrew p long

IIRC Kyle was signed after Archie Collins had been ruled out for several months with an injury at the start of the 21-22 season. He was intended to plug that gap. He's been very unlucky with the injury and it often takes far longer than just returning to playing matches to get back to top form. The one way his misfortune has been reduced is to have had a 3 year contract to help to get back playing

It has been obvious for many months that Kyle was the last of the established professionals to get picked and the first to drop to the bench, then out of the squad. A bloated squad means his City career is effectively over.

Seems a likeable and determined individual - wish him well and very much hope he does well in the future

berniesworld

Very much the forgotten man now…….a shame