• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kyle Edwards signs on loan

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nice goal out at the C&F today. Would be good to see him do this in a league game for City! https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/986964806220566528/video/1

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
With West Brom now confirmed as relegated it'll be interesting to know what the future holds for these two. I'd be happy with both at Exeter, but can see that Kane could offer something in the Championship.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
With West Brom now confirmed as relegated it'll be interesting to know what the future holds for these two. I'd be happy with both at Exeter, but can see that Kane could offer something in the Championship.
West Brom would be crazy not to offer something to Kane next season given his performances for us, although he has been far more impressive going forward than defensively, so he's more useful in a 3-5-2 than a back four, but he's been one of our best players this season.

Kyle is threatening when he runs with the ball and it takes two players at least to shut him down properly once he gets going, but he has issues about decision making and seeing the best pass when in full flight, though he can weight a pass and isn't bad on his weaker foot. Certainly this can improve with experience and he is better off with us than in the Championship, where no prisoners are taken when it comes to defensive tactics.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edwards is a 5 a-side player. He too often doesn't see the bigger picture. If he was available in the summer I'd pass on him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
West Brom have already signed Kane on a long term contract so no chance of us having him next season

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edwards is a 5 a-side player. He too often doesn't see the bigger picture. If he was available in the summer I'd pass on him.
A tad harsh as it’s his first exposure to first team football plus he’s hardly been given a consistent run of starts either. He still very much learning the game.

Wingers can be the sorts of players who flatter to deceive but in time he could well turn into a fantastic player. I’d certainly take him if he were free but he signed a new deal at WBA this season so expect he will stay there and get another loan spell.

exeter-loyal

Good to see Kyle Edwards getting on the scoresheet today for West Brom. Quality player.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to see Kyle Edwards getting on the scoresheet today for West Brom. Quality player.
Not so good for Matt Grimes, being on the losing side of a 5-1 drubbing.

exeter-loyal

They have been on a bad run of late.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt made the Swansea goal with an inswinging corner that WBA failed to cope with, and they nearly had a second from a similar corner minutes later. However Matt made a mistake in the build up to the fourth goal.

Swansea had massively over achieved earlier this season. They are now mid table but, with their budget avoiding a relegation scrap will be an achievement.