• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

King Paul I

haka

Britain is waiting with baited breath as political leaders attempt to form a government.

Under the traditional British constitution, which dates all the way back to 2010, a party leader must persuade His Majesty Paul Tisdale that they have the support of a majority of MPs.

David Cameron is optimistic that he will soon be paying a visit to His Majesty. Speaking to reporters from his bicycle, David Cameron said: “I was talking to a green man in Plymouth, and he said Argyle were rubbish and all their fans wished Paul Tisdale was their manager. Of course they're right. I agree with Paul."

Meanwhile, at 10 Downing Street, Gordon Brown declared. “I have a lot in common with Paul Tisdale. I‘m a Scot, he isn’t. A lot of people wrote him off when he got the job, but look what happened. A lot of people wrote me off, and, um … well, anyway, I agree with Paul. And he‘s definitely not a bigot. Is this thing on?”

Later, at his press conference, Nick Clegg announced that as part of any deal, the Liberal Democrats would insist on PR - ‘Paul Rules‘. Clegg described this as “an exciting new voting system”, in which Paul Tisdale makes all the decisions and everyone else complains about them. “It’s a win-win for the country: first we’re happy moaning, then we’re happy when it turns out fine after all. I agree with me.”

It is not known how long these discussions will take, or what the outcome will be, but the media will be keeping you up to date by quoting informed sources which are said to be “every bit as reliable as the transfer rumours on Exeweb”.