• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to see you mate. Hope you enjoyed!

Big gulf between the 2 teams, our 3rd choice keeper had a stormer otherwise it would have been 10. got back to 3-2 but couldn't hold that long enough to apply pressure...

Good side, but better going forward than defending.

Antony Moxey

To be honest Lammie I thought if your lads had a bit more conviction and a bit more self belief - especially in their third, you gave their defenders far too easy a time - it could have been a lot closer.

And yes, I did enjoy it, it's always nice to watch a game as a neutral - it's far less stressful and you can be a lot more analytical. As for a big gulf, like I say, bit more conviction and self belief and you never know.

Glad I went, and good to catch up too.

Antony Moxey

Blues final league game of the season ended with a fine 10-0 win away at Alphington on a complete shocker of a pitch. You have to feel sorry for Alphas having to play on a bobbly surface like that where the grass is the best part of six inches long, and shows exactly how much Exeter City Council values local sport if they're happy to let pitches get in that sort of state.

But despite all that, and the fact that as a spectacle it wasn't the best there's ever been, a win's a win and it was a good way to finish off the league. The final table will show Blues top with a record of P20 W19 D0 L1 F168 A16 Gd152 Pts57. Of the lads themselves everyone in the squad has scored at least once now, and six of the lads finished in double figures, with the top three netting 43, 28 and 25 goals apiece. Even the keeper managed to get nine!

So just the cup final to go - I can't wait!

Last edited:

Junior Grecian

10-1 Ant... We were outplayed

hantsgrecian

i play for hythe and dibden predators in the southampton tyro league and we had our annual tournament today. we reached the final against a div 1 team(we are bottom end div 2) and won 1-0 in extra time. jubilant scenes at the end of the game in my first season for the team!

Antony Moxey

10-1 Ant... We were outplayed
Heyup JG. What shocked me today was two things. Firstly, the state of the pitch - please tell me you don't have to put up with that every week. And secondly, your lack of players. I can't believe a team like Alphington cannot attract enough to have an 11 plus subs. It must be so hard for you lads when there are boys that simply can't be arsed to turn out on a Saturday morning.

I really feel for you and hope you come back with a strong and committed squad next season. Everyone benefits then as 10-1 wins do no-one any favours. Good luck next season, and come over and say hello next time!

ForeverECFC

Heyup JG. What shocked me today was two things. Firstly, the state of the pitch - please tell me you don't have to put up with that every week. And secondly, your lack of players. I can't believe a team like Alphington cannot attract enough to have an 11 plus subs. It must be so hard for you lads when there are boys that simply can't be arsed to turn out on a Saturday morning.

I really feel for you and hope you come back with a strong and committed squad next season. Everyone benefits then as 10-1 wins do no-one any favours. Good luck next season, and come over and say hello next time!
ive experienced loosing 17-1

Last edited:

ForeverECFC

Also a GD of -72...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Penultimate game of the season. With the team on top playing the bottom team, my son's team needed to win this to make sure that the game next Sunday against the leaders was still a title decider.

With me absent (still in Hartlepool), I was expecting to kept up to date by text, but much to my panic that didn't happen (wet down south, wife didn't want to get the phone wet). ^o)

3-1 down. Son brought on for some pace on the wing, creates 2 goal opportunities, so the game is 3-3. 5 minutes to go, opposition go in on goal, and takes our goalkeeper out cold, another player taps the ball in to the net. Goal disallowed, opposition parents and manager go ballistic, which included abusing the teenage ref. Game finishes 3-3, with none of the usual pleasantries at the end :(.

Title hopes dashed as well. So team a little despondent.

However, as I got to London this evening I received a text message saying that the leaders surprisingly lost 2-0! So, it still comes down to that last game, all to play for! A very nervous weekend in the Hants household on the way.

Antony Moxey

Good couple of nights for me. Took a couple of the lads - in their Blues jackets - to see Stoke Hill beat a tired looking St Martins 4-0 last night, then had a thoroughly enjoyable evening watching a great game between Lammie's Comets and Honiton.

Honiton 2-0 up, JK bags a hat-trick, Honiton pull one back, 3-3 final score. It don't get much better than that - well done JK, well done Comets and a good end to their season after a bit of a nose dive a couple of weeks ago.