• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

Junior Grecian

i have split my shin recently causing stitches and also have been sidelined for our games against st martins on saturday and brixington on monday

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mate that's desperate. Will you be going down to Newton Abbot on Monday to watch the game anyway? Personally I can't wait, and hope you're back playing soon - your mates'll need you, you got to play Blues twice more yet this season...

LammieLammieLammie

Bad news for the Comets. Keeper out for season with a broken wrist. He's been outstanding this season, making big saves at key moments in games we've gone on to win.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sunday's game called off. The opposition are refusing to play us, after accusing some of our players of racism in the cup match last month (referred to on here a few pages back). So game awarded to us. All very strange. :(

Antony Moxey

Bad news for the Comets. Keeper out for season with a broken wrist. He's been outstanding this season, making big saves at key moments in games we've gone on to win.
JK up for a turn between the sticks?

It's funny but on Saturday we put the keeper up front for the second half and let any of the lads who fancied have a turn in goal - I asked Harry when he got home if he was ever up for it, he was utterly mortified at the thought of being a keeper. I guess they really are a special breed.

Anyways, hope the lad is better soon, and fully fit in time for pre-season training.

LammieLammieLammie

He likes having a turn in training.... and actually went between the sticks last night after Jack (the keeper) went to casualty, but I can't see it happening in a game...

Your lads not playing tomorrow?

Antony Moxey

No, we were due to play Beacon Knights, but with them folding we've got a blank weekend. It's worked out well though as the boys will be properly rested as it's the Cup semi final on Monday night. Bit of training tomorrow should help with the preparations.

Your keeper - did he do it at training then? Bet that was nasty.

LOG

What's happened to Beacon Kinghts? Used to play against them when i were a lad. They nearly always beat us.

Antony Moxey

The U12s just couldn't attract enough players, so they folded a couple of weeks ago. Shame really, I think they were one of the first youth teams founded in Exeter.

I think the rest of their age groups are still going though, it's just the U12s who've folded. Hopefully the boys who were keen have found new clubs - I know Footymum's got a couple at Countess Wear and we have one at Brixington Blues. Lammie's got a couple too I think.

Junior Grecian

thanks ant and i think i might go down to newton abbot