• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Solid 5-2 win against Crediton, which means that we have done the double over them. Wasn;t there to see it, but loved this text from Millado.

"Won 5-2. Got 3. right, right, right. "

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Quarter final day in the plate. Off to Woking to play the team we played last week. Won comfortably 4-0, the youngsters played a good passing game. The football seem to be only a bit player to the rest of the events.

The opposition team had a punch up prior to the game involving a few of their players. Our captain went of with a twisted back, that went into spasm and taken to hospital in an ambulance.

One of our players was accused of racism before half time and was quite upset by the accusation such that he had to be persuaded to return to the game (he'd also had his testicles squeezed by an opposition player). Then in the second half a second player was also accused of racism. Interestingly, both of them being our central defenders who had had great games. Quite a heated discussion between the 2 managers with the referee mediating at the end of he game. Odd. Glad to have got our of Maybury.

Antony Moxey

Good morning for Blues this morning, returning to their normal home pitch for the first time in weeks and the first of four consecutive Saturdays at home. This was by far and away the easiest game they'll have of the four, running out easy 9-0 winners against a poor Brixington United side.

Despite in the second half putting the two centre halves and keeper up front, putting the smallest lad in the team in goal and the strikers at the centre of defence, plus having two lads out ill, Blues still rattled in four goals and United still never had a shot at goal - or came close to having a shot at goal - at all during the 70 minutes.

LammieLammieLammie

Nice one Ant, although it was nice to be top of the league for a while!

Antony Moxey

Lol - you weren't mate, it was just with my phone not working I couldn't get the result sent off until early in the evening when I got online.

Still, you get another chance next week when we entertain Stoke Hill and then we're at home to St Martins the week after. And then it's you the week after that. Massive three weeks for us.

footymum

Oh well, another 8-1 trouncing, this time by Heavitree Comets. Although I did think that we played much better with the 2 new additions to our side. I hate to say it, but we need a new keeper, badly.

Hey ho, onwards we go. Home to Central next week.

Junior Grecian

Played against Central last weekend, won 5-1 and I saved a penalty and got Man of the Match :) and hopefully we soon have our semi-final tie against Brixington on a Monday night

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

With Blues pitch out of action - presumably waterlogged - the game v Stoke Hill this morning was switched to Hamlin Lane, the scene for Blues only league defeat in two seasons.

Straight from kick off there was never any likelyhood of the 6-3 scoreline from that day being repeated, with Blues racing out of the blocks and taking the game to Stoke Hill.

One nil up at half time, Blues quickly added two more in the opening five minutes of the second half before a nasty studs up challenge from a SH defender saw the ref reaching for his pocket. I don't suppose it helped swearing at the ref either, and so the lad was rightfully given a straight red.

Blues from then on were completely and utterly dominant, and comfortably saw out the remainder of the game netting a further two for their efforts running out easy 5-0 winners.

Nice one lads.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wet cold morning, with the rain standing on ice a few car accidents around. We set off for Yateley on the other side of the borough. A team one division above us and running away with the title. A friendly that would be a good test for the team and a chance to see how much they'd progressed from a pre-season mauling.

The pitch was very wet and muddy through the middle, so the wings would be important. First half was very even and we went in at 1-1 with our goal being a stunning 40 yard volley that gave the goalie no chance.

Second half had my son starting up front. Poached a goal to make the scoreline 3-2, but with the coach making some changes to give players an opportunity in different places, the team lost a bit of shape and the game finished 5-2. But no disgrace.

Son happy having scored and so much bearable because of it. Nice to be back in doors in the warmth!

Antony Moxey

For the second week running Blues were up against one of their main title contenders and for the second week running battled to a hard fought victory running out 1-0 winners against St Martins on an energy-sapping glue pot of a pitch at their St Peters headquarters.

Next weekend Lammie's Comets visit so hopefully it'll be three out of three grand slam weekends running. Blues football at the moment is as good as it's ever been, and with Comets lying in second place in the league it should be a titanic encounter.

I, and Harry, can't wait - bring your game heads with you Comets, we're so looking forward to this one.