• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Totally totally agree Credy. I share that philosophy.

Bring on next year, lets see if we can beat Ant's lot again. :D :D

Happy days....

Yeovilgrecian

How's everyone else been doing in the summer tourneys then?
The team I coach Lyde Gunners have their first U10 Tourno on Saturday at Bournemouth Sports near Hurn Airport. We have two teams in as it's six a side and have included the lads who have joined us for next season as we step up to eleven a side at U11's next season.

Yeovilgrecian

But when you see parents who know nothing and i mean nothing about football shouting and screaming at there kids from the touchline when you can clearly see the poor lad has nothing left in the tank its embarrasing..

the game i was watching was what u10's...and yet the coach of that team thought it was the fa cup final..its wrong...should all be about enjoyment and freedom at that age..no pressure whatsoever.
Spot on Credy, the parents of our team are only allowed to shout encouragement and if they get too over zealous (which doesnt happen very often) they are spoken too. We coach with soft encouragement all the time as the boys are there to enjoy themselves, we never discourage them from expressing their talent and if they get it wrong they are encouraged to try it again. That said if any of them don't give 100% effort they'll get a half time roasting, but they all know am I not worried about mistakes but can never forgive lack of effort as they are cheating everybody.......

exeips

Not a big fan of them myself. Resticted LL to one this year, on July 8th.
Newton St.Cyres Lammie?

We are running under 7's,10's & 11's at Moors next weekend & under 8's,10's & 11's at Newton on the 7th & 8th July

Mrs Herbie

Agreed..

Rock hard pitches and hanging around all day...not a good combo..used to play in them myself...remeber breaking my leg in a tournament at North Molton...

Oh NO! Saint's at North Molton tournament tommorrow????

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My son's club has there tournament last week. Interesting way of settling drawn games in the knockout stage.

After 3 minutes each way and if still drawn. The two goal keepers were withdrawn and play continued for 1 minute. Golden goal also came into effect. If still drawn then the managers chose one of their players to come off. This continued until down to 2 player on each side, when 2 minutes were played. Still drawn, then the goallies came back on for sudden death penalties.

All dramatic stuff. Went this way in one of the U11s semi-finals of the cup and in the final (my boy's team went out in normal time in the other semi). Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch. Best tactic was to put your best defender in to a deep sweeper role (one team substituted back their goallie - okay of they are good at heading and desperate tackling!). Plenty of long shots, headers, and some brilliant defending. Very entertaining. Also happened in a u8s match, where I saw the best headed clearance from an across the goal shot ever - impressive for 8 year olds! They coped with the idea better than I would have expected.

Great entertainment.

If you are involved with organising a small sided tournament then would recommend giving this a go.

ECFC4EVR

Under 12 are full size

Antony Moxey

The fixtures are out!!

Go to the Exeter Friendly League home page: Lammie beware - a visit to the mighty Blues first game of the season will be a humdinger! Have a look towards the end of the season too, we're playing you twice!

footymum

Excellent - Ant, looks like you are at our place on 10 November followed by Lammie's lot on 24 November.

Nice trip to Feniton to start us off!!

Antony Moxey

Footymum, have you had chance to have a good look at the fixtures? Apparently we only have six home fixtures all season, and after our opening fixtures against Lammie's lot on 1st September we're not home again until 24th November!

Perhaps we shouldn't have been so good last season.....;)

Oh, looking forward to seeing you on 10th Nov. Last time we played at CW as U8s, we won 11-2 I think, with Harry scoring a 30 yard screamer into the top corner. Deano was watching that day (I think his girlfriend's younger brother plays for your team) and he was impressed when we were chatting to him afterwards!!