• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

Poundstretcher

It was our Under 7s - no idea which of the CW age groups it was, but they were better than us. It was on the pitch closest to the main road and the entrance to the 100 Club.

Mrs Herbie

Saints under 10s played Central Reds and Yellows
2 good games of footy from all boys we won both games

Was a bit confused though? We are teamed up with Topsham this season and not that it mattered to us; Topsham only has 1 pitch so it’s a long morning.
BUT central played 1 lad for all 4 games? He came on just after half time on each game both ours and Topsham, Have never seen that before in the 2 years saints been in friendly league. ?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thoroughly cheesed off last night. Blues had rearranged a previously postponed game at Cullompton for last night, so with some parents having to take time off work, we all met up and convoyed up to Cully from Exmouth.

We then find the motorway blocked so have go round the backroads, taking an hour to make the trip. Imagine our joy on arriving at the ground to find no Cullompton or Moors. Cheers for not telling us you'd decided to all go to some bloody presentation evening instead.

Fortunately Cully were playing an U13 game on the main pitch and thus on hearing of our plight their coach lent us a couple of sets of goals so that ourselves and sister club Brixington United could play an impromptu friendly meaning the whole evening was not a complete loss.

As it was, Blues eventually ran out 19-2 winners with every player - including the goalie - scoring. Thanks to the Cully coach for getting all the players sausage and chips and a can of drink afterwards too, it was just a shame no-one from their bloody U9s team had the decency to phone us up beforehand.

Antony Moxey

So Blues season officially ended last night with a tournament at their home ground of St. Peter's School in Lympstone. It took a league format with the top team being declared the winners (it was too dark to play semi finals and finals!).

As it was Blues played five games, winning five, scoring 21 and conceding none, winning the tournament convincingly. They got a nice trophy for their efforts, and it was a good end to what's been a fantastic season.

Good luck to the rest of you in the summer tournaments, but that's it for Blues until August when pre-season training starts.

Antony Moxey

Just been told miladdo reports back to training on 19th July for the upcoming U10s season. Given the season proper doesn't start until 1st/2ndish September, looks like a decent preseason and hopefully the boys can hit the ground running when the first fixture is played.

They've had a good break now since 5th May, and I know the lads and coach are keen to get going again.

How's everyone else been doing in the summer tourneys then?

LammieLammieLammie

How's everyone else been doing in the summer tourneys then?
Not a big fan of them myself. Resticted LL to one this year, on July 8th.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Agreed..

Rock hard pitches and hanging around all day...not a good combo..used to play in them myself...remeber breaking my leg in a tournament at North Molton...

We were playing Cricket earlier this season and before the game a youth tournament was on a nearby pitch - its embarrasing seeing parents shout and scream at kids like they do from the side...

Just let the enjoy it FFS !

Antony Moxey

Oh Credy, just wait till you become a parent, and remember what you've just said now!

LammieLammieLammie

We were playing Cricket earlier this season and before the game a youth tournament was on a nearby pitch - its embarrasing seeing parents shout and scream at kids like they do from the side...
I didn't know you played Cricket at St Peters School, Lympstone ? :D

(Retaliation for Ants comment about my dentmobile)

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
My dad come and watched me week in week out and still did even when i progressed through to mens football..

But when you see parents who know nothing and i mean nothing about football shouting and screaming at there kids from the touchline when you can clearly see the poor lad has nothing left in the tank its embarrasing..

the game i was watching was what u10's...and yet the coach of that team thought it was the fa cup final..its wrong...should all be about enjoyment and freedom at that age..no pressure whatsoever.