• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great Result mate, That's ok.

Reminded me of JK's first match.

I took a photo of him talking and pointing to his mate Harry in the middle of midfield. After, I said to him, "Were you telling him where to go and hold his position?" and replied "no, I was telling him to look at you for the photo."

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

JK "rested" today as part of Manager Darren McTis's rotation policy.
Not sure I'd be happy about that - it's not as if the boys are playing every week (our next game isn't until mid April now). Squad's too big LLL and needs trimming down. I think he should pick his best seven and go with that, then if he needs to give the fringe players a run out he should be arranging friendlies for the non-match days.

Get him to give our coach a ring and come down to St. Peter's - I'm sure the boys would play all weekend if you let them!

Antony Moxey

Heavitree U7 0
Alphington U7 6

I told you we weren't ready... still, saying that, Alphington were very, very good.
Alphington usually do put out good sides, but for your first match it's all about getting the boys used to playing as team rather than results. I remember Harry's first game and they were all over the place. I think they won it 7-4 (after being 4-0 down!) but in the next set of matches they lost 11-2 or something similar.

It'll take time, but it's very early days yet. Incidentally, how many games have Alphington played already?

LammieLammieLammie

Not sure I'd be happy about that - it's not as if the boys are playing every week (our next game isn't until mid April now). Squad's too big LLL and needs trimming down. I think he should pick his best seven and go with that, then if he needs to give the fringe players a run out he should be arranging friendlies for the non-match days.
JK and I have chatted, and he seems happy. Squad IS too big, but all his mates play for either the Rockets or Comets. I like and trust Darren with JK's development, and as long as JK is happy, and enjoying it so am I.

Also meant I could spend time in town having a coffee with Abi this morning, and have to say, it made a really nice change.

Last edited:

Mrs Herbie

Hi All
I went to Pinhoe under 8s today first game young Herbie hit the post played first half , Second game did not think saints would play him but he went on second half and scored the winning goal! Saints won both games.

Well boys did really well from what Jake tells me! Considering their striker broke his foot yesterday at school ???? Saint Martins under 10s lost 2-0 to Tiverton town ¼ final of the cup.

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clyst Rovers u9's 1-v- 3 Axminster
This game was totally dominated by the dreadfully cold and wet weather which literally cut some of the poor kids in half!!
There were certainly more tears than goals with several players having to withdraw from the game.
Axminster deserved their victory coming back from 1-0 down at half time to take three well taken goals, one of which was scored from half way with help from the cutting wind.
Jack Challice took his goal well in the first half for Clyst, and all four goals came with the wind at the players back.
Me?...I was tucked up in the well sheltered grandstand!!..I ain't no mug ;)

LammieLammieLammie

Was it Jack in the Photo on the Red army page in the programme yesterday Spick?

Mrs Herbie

Yes it was Lamie x3
Glad to hear you read the Red Army page !
When you joining JK up ????

Poundstretcher

Alphington usually do put out good sides, but for your first match it's all about getting the boys used to playing as team rather than results. I remember Harry's first game and they were all over the place. I think they won it 7-4 (after being 4-0 down!) but in the next set of matches they lost 11-2 or something similar.

It'll take time, but it's very early days yet. Incidentally, how many games have Alphington played already?
I'm not sure - didn't ask and wasn't mentioned - but it's got to be a few. I still can't get over the way they actually managed to get players staying wide/central and getting passes across to them rather than having a scrum by the touchline.

LammieLammieLammie

When you joining JK up ????

:$

When I get a round tuit.

This weeks job. Where do I sign?