• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good workout for Harry and the boys this morning, eventually running out 7-0 winners over Central Reds. Reds made it tricky in the first half and it was only 1-0 at half time, but that big St. Peter's pitch takes it's toll and Reds just ran out of steam as Blues scored six in the second half. Plus we played 25 minutes e/w instead of the normal fifteen too.

footymum

Training again this morning - no match for 4 weeks now. Playing our re-arranged cup match against St Martins next week though.

LammieLammieLammie

Just got back from Sidmouth - thankfully 2 pitches!

First game, Comets lost 2-1 Against a very good Hemyock side. JK hardly got a kick.

Second game against Sidmouth, drew 1-1 and it was a bit like watching the City Strikers this year. ;)

Last minute equaliser for the Comets courtesy of a Christian Ellis header.

Last edited:

Mrs Herbie

Sunshine at last....
Great to see all 4 teams today in such great spirt, All the kids enjoyed being back on the pitch playing their footy!
Saints did well first game against Broadclyst we were winning 6 - 0 first half so swapped the team around goalie up front with defenders, striker in goal, to give Broadclyst a fair chance game finished up 7-0 to saints.

second game Brixington both teams played good football, very fair game. final score Saints won 2-0

Poundstretcher

We've got our first ever game against another club's U7s next week. Alphington.

We're about as ready as Les Afful would be for ten rounds with Mike Tyson.

LammieLammieLammie

Happy days Poundy.

We used to get beat 9-0 every single week, and yet the lads kept their heads up. it was only in the 8th game, I think we scored our first goal.

Word of Advice, bring everyone back for corners, and ignore the numpties that shout, "sort it out Stretcher".

exeips

I agree Lammie,the under 8's who I coach started the season losing a few 6-0. As the season has gone on the scores against us have come down until in our last match when we were 1-0 down with a few minutes to play. One of lads had a long range shot which just beat their keeper. Our 1st goal & point of the season.

Seeing the lads faces after that especially the goalscorer makes the whole thing worth while.:)

We haven't played or trained since but hopefully we should be playing tomorrow.

Mrs Herbie

Poundstrecher

Good Luck what ever the score the kids will love it!

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clyst Rovers U9's 1-0 Avershayes...to be honest a dreadful match, the one goal coming from a free-kick on the edge of the area promptly hammered in by Charlie Jordan.
With still only 2 defeats all season and some 8 games in hand we could still win this league!

Antony Moxey

Nice one Spick. Those eight games in hand - I take it that's largely due to the weather and why you don't seem to have been on this thread for ages? Also, are these games likely to be played - I know in the Saturday league, seeing as officially there isn't a 'league' as such, if a team has too big a backlog they won't all get played.

We're lucky in that respect, we've only got one set of fixtures outstanding (away to Cully/Moors), although sadly there's only two pairs of fixtures left for us - away to Westexe/Stoke Hill next week then home to the two Twyford teams in the middle of April.

I see Lammie's boys have even less fixtures to worry about, with all their home fixtures now played they've only got a trip to Newton and Twyford before their season is done.

Footymum's got bucketloads left though Alphington/Beacon Knights (H), Culm (H), the two West Hills (H), Hemyock and Sidmouth (A), Brix Utd (A) and the two Twyfords (A) - good luck in getting those ten fixtures played before the end of the season!!