• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

Mrs Herbie

Hi Footymum and Thanks
Hubby helps out with under 10s they train at St Peters school Fridays last week hubby rings me HELP they’ve locked us in ? I still giggle now yes carillon did not check the site and they got lock in? Managed to get them out but it made I laugh!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ant, is your game still on?
Haven't heard otherwise. It's stopped raining a couple of hours ago and with the wind whistling over the slope at St. Peter's School in Lympstone where the pitch is I'd be very surprised if it is called off.

Poundstretcher

Hi Footymum and Thanks
Hubby helps out with under 10s they train at St Peters school Fridays last week hubby rings me HELP they’ve locked us in ? I still giggle now yes carillon did not check the site and they got lock in? Managed to get them out but it made I laugh!
Carillion do that. We were stood outside the Sports Hall at West Exe for a good half hour last week waiting for someone to collect the keys from Pinhoe (!!) as they forgot we had cricket nets and there were no keys in the school...

And Ladysmith School is subaqua again. Nothing going down in Heavitree Town tomorrow.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

And Ladysmith School is subaqua again. Nothing going down in Heavitree Town tomorrow.
In the Gym for the Comets then....

Antony Moxey

Blues went 1-0 down to a great Westexe strike but soon bought it back to 2-1. The ref was about to blow his whistle when a Westexe forward completely miss hit a cross from wide that looped up and into the top corner for a fluke equaliser with, literally, the last kick of the game.

Extra time came and went with no change to the score then penalties - three each then sudden death. Blues were 2-1 down with the keepers having made a save each when Harry stepped up to take the third and final penalty to keep Blues in the game. He shanked it over the bar, Westexe are through and Harry was on the floor inconsolable in floods of tears.

Football is such a person at times...

Mrs Herbie

Any of your boys playing tomorrow?
Were are going to Lympstone, Saints under 10s are playing Brixington Blues & Broadclyst
Be good for the boys to play some football seems so long ago they last played.

Antony Moxey

Yup.

Harry's boys have a friendly against Central Reds tomorrow at St. Peter's. Need to practice a few things after defeat last week in the cup as we're playing Westexe again next weekend (although this time at their place) and Stoke Hill. Coupla tough games there..

LammieLammieLammie

And the Comets are at Sidmouth.

Early start tomorrow.

Whats a lie in?

Antony Moxey

You're in for a long morning then Lammie. I believe they only have the one pitch so instead of two lots of two games you have to have four games one after the other. Watch out for Hemyock, they'll try and outmuscle you, but get stuck in and they don't like it up 'em.

LammieLammieLammie

Great. Not.

Round at Eggs house for bacon sarnies then.