• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids football.

footymum

Awful performance from the Dynamoes yesterday. Went down 8-3 to a Cullompton side who were certainly no better than us but just seemed to want it more. We played like we were half asleep in the first half, woke up a bit at the start of the second to score twice in 2 minutes, but then son was taken off with a foot injury midway through the second half, only for Cullompton to score 3 more in quick succession.

So, bottom of the league with a goal difference of -9 already. It's going to be a long season!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
8-0 win today for Harry's U15s, which isn't bad considering three of the team are U14s players. Plus, given the number of shots on goal and one-on-ones, it really should have been 18-0! Still, it's all good stuff and it's good to see the boys playing decent football too. Nice one.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that Telford Junior League have decided that to spare the kids blushes, all results will now be recorded as 1-0, 1-1 or 0-0.

Not sure how they think they're pulling the wool over the kids eyes. They know they've been beaten, and when they've been thrashed. They might walk away disappointed or downcast when they've been beaten, and it gets pretty depressing for them if it happens week in week out. But to do this to the scores, I think is plainly ridiculous.

Antony Moxey

Mixed couple of weeks for Harry - first off they lost 3-0 to a pretty lively Westexe side, and thoroughly deserved to lose too. However, we soon found out the reason - we forgot to put the Prodigy CD on for the pre-game trip!

With the CD blaring last weekend things were a lot different with the boys coming from behind three times to draw 3-3 at Seaton, the final equaliser coming deep into stoppage time. Trouble is, we seem to have a young Artur in goal so if he can learn to cut out the basic mistakes then the boys would surely be further up the table.

But mid table obscurity is fine for now, W2 D1 L2 is not bad for a team fielding three underage players.

footymum

Well, it looks like the CW Dynamoes Under 14's will be officially folding at the end of the week. With no wins this season, and a couple of heavy losses already, the boys are starting to fall out amongst themselves on the pitch. Another sending off on Saturday by one of the usual suspects due to some choice words for the ref, with some ignorant parents backing the kids against the ref (and using even more choice language), means that neither the boys nor the parents are enjoying it any more and, with only 12 players signed on, we can't afford to drop the gobsh*tes. Sad really that the ignorant minority has won out, but there it is.

Anyway, Dan has found another club. He will be playing for Pinhoe Spartans Under 13's in Division 1, so he will be back playing in his own age group rather than a year above himself. Has his first training session tomorrow night. Sad times, but hopefully he can start to enjoy his football again away from the idiots.

Antony Moxey

Such a shame, not only that yet another team is folding, but that it's so difficult to find enough players to keep a squad going. I don't understand how a city the size of Exeter, with the east Devon catchment area, cannot attract enough boys who want to play football on a Saturday morning.

Unfortunately there seems to be too many lazy feckers who'd rather tell you of their achievements on FIFA than actually going out and doing it properly, plus when all their mates are on COD live, well we've only got one more campaign before we're up a level mum - just another two hours, pleeeeeease.

So wrong.

downthetrack

What is the situation of kids football in Exeter Ant? my kids are adults now so i have no idea.Shame if it is struggling

Antony Moxey

It's hard to tell. I know my lad's team last season had a steady 15 in the squad throughout, but it seems as though each season there's teams folding through lack of players, and some pretty well established teams too. In my boy's age group, it wasn't that long ago that Brixington Blues had two teams, Pinhoe had two teams, Beacon Knights had a team, Moors, now it appears Countess Wear are going too.

One of the problems I think is the league itself. Too many Saturdays without games - after this weekend my lad has three Saturdays in a row without games - and the league management too strict on postponements too. One of the other problems, it seems to me, is the rise in popularity of Xboxes together with both kids and parent getting lazy over how much they get used.

downthetrack

I think the adult game is stuggling as well,if you can kick a ball you can get in most village teams.

Antony Moxey

If Harris and Credy can still get games, I'd suggest it's been like that for some time...