• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Keane and Sunderland part company..

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really can't understand why any Sunderland fan would not see him as the man who rescued their club. You try getting quality players to move to Sunderland. Pity his successor, who will have to show all his commitment to avoid relegation. Get your bets on now.

ecfcandy

i rated him as a manager, things just didnt go right over the last few games!

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stats show this season they have really struggled in front of goal, Only 13 scored in 15 games and 24 conceded. Some of his buys haven't exactly set the world alight he seemed to me to spend most of his cash on to few players rather than buy less expensive ones.

He's seems to me to be the sort of person that will be happy even if he doesn't get back into football, He didn't think football was everything and knows there is life outside it

glos_grecian

Surely the best way for ex players to learn the trade of manager is in the lower leagues but they are so used to huge wages it's just not gonna happen. You cant manage a team based purely on respect you had as a player. Ince should have stayed where he was for a few more years IMO.

RHINO

Surely the best way for ex players to learn the trade of manager is in the lower leagues but they are so used to huge wages it's just not gonna happen. You cant manage a team based purely on respect you had as a player. Ince should have stayed where he was for a few more years IMO.
Totally agree look at Mark Hughes hardly a success and I think Zola will go the same way

shakey18

He'll be the Forest manager within a week.....

Woodsy

How cna you say Mark Hughes is a hardly a success? Almost took Wales to Euro 2004 and then has been over achieving with Blackburn for a couple of years. A couple of poor months at Man City doesn't make you a bad manager.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
He'll be the Forest manager within a week.....
Think he will be eventually,whether it will be so soon not sure.Calderwood is still hanging in there.If Forest have a poor Christmas & New Year run in then possibly Keane to take over in January.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I think Sunderlands fans are brilliant in terms of noise , atmosphere etc but there treatmeant of a man who got them promoted , saved them from relegation and brought in some excellent footballers is seriously poor.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Said he would be gone by Christmas; next out the door? put your money on..... Paul Ince when Blackburn end up in bottom 3; you heard it here first ;)