• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kabongo Tshimanga

Intheknow84

I just report what I hear.
I believe we are looking at bringing another permanent striker in.
That’s why Abraham’s has gone back

5-6 options on the list

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

5-6 options on the list
And I’d welcome that. Think we need more up top and Abrahams isn’t ready yet imo.

Temporarily Exiled

5-6 options on the list
Sure, but saying it's "unlikely" that a Twitter ITK is correct is about as risky a prediction as saying it'll rain at some point in the next 30 days, you dig?

For the uninitiated, ITKs are like fortune tellers and horoscope readers. Say something pretty vague or non-committal (like the above) and you're right regardless, boosting your cred. If you ever choose to stick your neck out and get proven wrong, you can just say "move broke down at the last minute because of agent demands" and the show can continue.

At any rate, anybody that does know what's going on at the club with regards to transfers is actively harming the club by punishing potential dealings. Imagine we were in for Tshimanga: Whoever leaked it would have told all our rivals that ECFC - a team with a pretty decent transfer record - think this guy's worth £70k. That means more clubs become aware of him, maybe a bidding war starts. No time for it at all.

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

For fun: A source tells me that multiple League One and League Two sides are interested in Pym and have been tracking his contract situation. Bradford are among them, but Christy wants to be guaranteed first-team football. Exeter offered an improved contract (with a release clause) last week, but aren't optimistic.

Hiram Boateng will be off in the summer if Exeter aren't promoted. MK Dons interested, the player keen to link-up with Tisdale at Stadium MK. Fee will be reduced as Hiram will be entering the final year of his contract, and he's stalled on signing a new one. Boateng is worried about new recruits (particularly Lee Martin and Nicky Law) forcing him into a reduced role.

#ITK #SecretAgent #Groundskeeper #Kitman #Bullsilt

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

It was never the best paper when it was the e&e reporters but boy have they gone downhill in recent years.

I don't even bother with it anymore. Not only is the website infuriating with pop up ads but the news is sensationalist drivel and usually complete bull $#it.
Well it is owned by Trinity Mirror, ie The Daily Mirror group of papers, they also own the Manchester Evening News & The Liverpool Echo, there again they also own The Mid Devon Gazette, so you could well be right!!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46080854

Looks like a quick so and so. Still expect this to be nonsense however.

Saint James

Could this just be clever work by his agent? Exeter City just offloaded one striker for big money so pick a figure out of the air to impress any possible suitors to start the bidding at say £30,000 without Exeter City ever showing any interest at all?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kabongo woah-oh, kabongo woah-oh,
He comes from DRC,
I dunno where that be,
Kabongo woah-oh.

etc.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Matt was using our weekend off to do some of his own scouting, could well have been looking at this lad.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably not PC but there was a popular 1940s song which went “bingo bingo bongo I’m so happy in the Congo” . It has a good beat and could easily be adapted. Dons tin hat and awaits broadside from PCers although thankfully I do not think too many Exwebbers are in that camp.