• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Storey

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's better than JMT.
Big call that. Tbf JMT has had a great 18 months but it took him a couple of seasons to get to this level, whereas Storey looks unbelievable far earlier in his career. He still needs a good 20-30 games to really show he’s the real deal...but I’m sure he is.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Storey certainly has the potential to be a better player than JMT but to say he is already is ludicrous

Well-known Exeweb poster
how tall is he ?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
dead cert i'de say. be an excellent punt for future transfers youngest capt ect ect,,,
but isn't Jordan Storey 20 already,the same age as Danny Seaborne when he became ECFC captain?

grecIAN Harris

Storey certainly has the potential to be a better player than JMT but to say he is already is ludicrous
No it's not. He has all the strength and defensive tenacity that JMT has but he has two things that JMT doesn't..... a comfortable strength in the air and a comfort on the ball that JMT can only dream of. JMT has the advantage of experience which is something that Storey can only gain with time.

denzel

No it's not. He has all the strength and defensive tenacity that JMT has but he has two things that JMT doesn't..... a comfortable strength in the air and a comfort on the ball that JMT can only dream of. JMT has the advantage of experience which is something that Storey can only gain with time.
Disagree. JMT is comfortable on the ball, he tries to play it out more than Storey does. Love to see them both together though, I suspect that will have to wait until next season.

Saint James

First time I have had the chance to watch Storey live today and its clear to see why people are raving and why Tiz is trying his damndest to keep the boy grounded. Not only did he win every single header but his positional play and reading of the game is incredible. Several times he swept in behind both full backs to snuff out danger. Equally that surging run into space in the second half was reminiscent of Troy at Sheff Wed all those years ago!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How you can say Storey is currently better is beyond me. JMT has had many man of the match performances and weighed in with a fair few goals. He's been the most consistent performer for the last few years. Storey looks a great talent but until we've seen him over a longer period of time to say he's better than JMT is nonsense.

Legohead

Banned
Agree with Snoop fog. Storey is a promising talent but JMT has the edge in so many areas at the moment. Other than being injured of course. Seen Storey twice now and been heavily impressed.

Last edited:

Pobbop

yeah, if people want to say Storey is potentially better, fair enough, but if you had to pick between the two for a match with both fit, you'd be a brave man to pick Storey.

Still, I don't think people are being unrealistic about talking about fending off fees already. Championship and Div 1 teams know that if they get a decent one they can sale him on for big money to Prem teams floating in cash, so yeah there will be sums of the type we never would have turned down in the past, being already talked about, all about holding your nerve.