• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Storey Watch

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Their manager will demand relatively consistent performances though. He won't allow for lots of inconsistency because he is 23.

23 isn't particularly young for a player.
And where did I mention his age?

Managers want consistency in any age player. If they are not having a good time, they mostly get left out. All players can have a different level of consistency. All players go through different spells of form. As I said, it remains to be seen which Jordan is suffering from. He seemed to have good consistency when he first went there regardless of experience.

Games played are a better judgement of experience than age anyway.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Managers want consistency in any age player.
Exactly.

Rosencrantz

Although it might be just bad form 🙂

Grecianpasty

23 isn't particularly young for a player.
Yes it is. Most players turn professional at 18 and end their careers in their early 30's. That's obvious.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes it is. Most players turn professional at 18 and end their careers in their early 30's. That's obvious.
You aren't really backing your point up here.

By your example 23 is closing in on the mid point of a career.

Grecianpasty

You aren't really backing your point up here.

By your example 23 is closing in on the mid point of a career.
Legally speaking a player can turn professional at 16 years of age, but in reality only a small handful of those play in the football league have game time at that age.

There are more years ahead of a professional footballer at 23 than there where behind them.

Prove me wrong.

Colesman Ballz

Damn it, I've only gone and run out of popcorn !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Legally speaking a player can turn professional at 16 years of age, but in reality only a small handful of those play in the football league have game time at that age.

There are more years ahead of a professional footballer at 23 than there where behind them.

Prove me wrong.
I don't need to.

I said 23 isn't particularly young for a player, you claim it is yet you have argued against yourself.

Classic.

Keep up chum.

:ROFLMAO:

Grecianpasty

I said 23 isn't particularly young for a player, you claim it is yet you have argued against yourself.

Classic.

:ROFLMAO:
So you're saying I'm wrong?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you're saying I'm wrong?
I don't think 23 is particularly young for a player.