• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Moore-Taylor

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps playing Moxey in JMT's place has been tried in training. Certainly a like for like replacement and maybe worth a look at.

budegrecian

As a matter of interest do we have any up and coming central defenders in the academy at the moment?[/QUOTE]

Jordan Storey who is currently on loan at Dorchester & Alex Hartridge who is on loan at Truro, have both come thro' the academy & are now full time professional players. Jordan played v Oxford last season in the Check a Trade trophy IIRC. May be a year or two before they push for a first team spot though.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just hope JMT has been offered a new and enhanced contract. IMO he's worth more to us than the "senior" players who are presumably on much higher wages than him... He'll be 24 in January.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like he'll be out for another 1-2 weeks. Hope it's less.
Tisdale said he'll be out "for a while". I would think it would be a minimum of 2 weeks, not 1-2 weeks, especially considering that Tisdale (to his credit) protects players and never rushes a player back onto the field after an injury.

Last edited:

LOG

I just hope JMT has been offered a new and enhanced contract. IMO he's worth more to us than the "senior" players who are presumably on much higher wages than him... He'll be 24 in January.
And also worth far more to us than any transfer bid ever likely to be made.

Terryhall

The fact that I'm surprised he's only 24, just goes to show how good he was at such a young age when he broke into the team. Not only a rock at the back but also very hand at set pieces. Hope he is back soon!

iscalad

Sore knee apparently. Possibility of playing on Saturday.

elginCity

Sore knee apparently. Possibility of playing on Saturday.
Obviously good news, but Tis & co really need to sort out a contingency should this happen again, and more seriously. Losing either of the two CBs, is seriously destabilising the team and it shouldn't do to the extent it is.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously good news, but Tis & co really need to sort out a contingency should this happen again, and more seriously. Losing either of the two CBs, is seriously destabilising the team and it shouldn't do to the extent it is.
He did. Luke Croll, who IMO has performed well when called on.

A League 2 side can't really plan for both left sided CBs to be injured at the same time, at best you can have two decent players in each position. Neither Troy Brown nor TAH are comfortable on the left.

elginCity

Fair point, John. Admittedly, I've not seen much of Croll, had mistakenly thought he was used more as full back cover. As a left sided CB maybe it was the reason he wasn't brought on as replacement for the injured Troy Brown at Wembley, Sweeney coming on instead.

Whatever permutation they use, just hope they work on retaining better shape and balance to the team, well, as much as possible in the absence of JMT.