• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jones told he can leave

But is it a likely possibility? I think not.

You may as well start worrying about Tisdale being left with his c*ck in his hand when we have no midfielders for the start of next season because they're all going to retire during the summer to concentrate on their crepe/pancake/cupcake businesses.
It's not completely out of the question though, certainly wouldn't be overly surprising if we end up with Artur as No1 next season after failing to attract anyone better. I don't think it'll be the case, but I likes a bit of doom every now and then.....and a bit of Doom Bar too.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A real shame in my eyes, but I suspect this will be good for Jonesy himself. He is by no means the finished article, but I suspect if he moves upwards (as could and IMO *should* happen) he'll be around better players, and this will inspire him to go on to be the top class keeper that he can still be. He might also have the majority of fans onside instead of on his back all the flippin' time with a clean slate.

Wherever he ends up, I will wish him well, and wish him thanks also for all the good times. That penalty save at Daggers on debut, THAT performance at Stevenage the following Saturday, the clean sheet at OT, his POTY season of 08/09 - will all live long in my memory.

Fareham Grecian

A real shame in my eyes, but I suspect this will be good for Jonesy himself. He is by no means the finished article, but I suspect if he moves upwards (as could and IMO *should* happen) he'll be around better players, and this will inspire him to go on to be the top class keeper that he can still be. He might also have the majority of fans onside instead of on his back all the flippin' time with a clean slate.

Wherever he ends up, I will wish him well, and wish him thanks also for all the good times. That penalty save at Daggers on debut, THAT performance at Stevenage the following Saturday, the clean sheet at OT, his POTY season of 08/09 - will all live long in my memory.
Good post. Thanks Jonah.

Philecfc

If this is true I for one will be sad to see him go. He has been good for this club and yes one or two c..k ups but every prem keeper has them and the fans don't keep on at them. I dont think the big bank have been that kind to him so if he moves I hope his new fans treat him better

Good luck for the future Paul

FAN-TATIC

Slightly surprised at this, seems to have been fairly sudden. Do any of the behind the scenes type people know if Jonah threw his toys out the pram when Artur got a run out?

Could be interesting come the summer, Tisdale may be left with his c*ck in his hand and only Artur and MAF for 2011/12
If you truly believe this you have no understanding of what Paul Tisdale is all about.

Paul doesn't do short term. He builds teams, next year's will be better than this year's and so on. I have no doubt that he has a plan, probably at least a five year plan. He will have covered his arse, before telling Paul that he could go, no doubt about it.

Good luck Paul and thanks for those 200 games of service. I do believe though that the time has come for you to move on.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still waiting for a transatlantic comment on this development...

FAN-TATIC

Does seem a little odd. Jonah retakes the No 1 spot from Artur, plays a few games and then is shown the door.
There is nothing strange about it if Paul has already told Tis that he will be leaving in the summer anyway. If you're going to go, go now!,

Last edited:

ecfc2000

Still waiting for a transatlantic comment on this development...
He's having a street party all by himself. Give him time to enjoy this moment. I'm sure he'll be on here later to show his respects ;)

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
A real shame this. That said, and this bit hurts, I think it's a great career decision.

He's way too good for some of our idiots.

Good luck Paul, and thank you so much for all those good moments.

Burntfaceman

I really do'nt think Jones will move to a better club, he just is'nt good enough. If he was that good then Tisdale would keep him. I'm afraid it will be another Lg 1 club or lower for him, just like Rice.