• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Johnson leaves Bristol City....

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Phil Brown. Straight back to work.

GrecianGav

Tis has been installed as 6/1 4th Fav for Job by Victor Chandler.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why? Despite getting to L1 in two seasons, we are struggling big time this year, he isn't proven at this level yet, let alone Championship.

The locals wouldn't allow it...
Playing devil's advocate, you could say that he was unproven at Conference and League 2 level as well, but still took to them succesfully. It could be argued that it is the lack of resources more than him that is causing our struggle at this level. Bristol City don't really lack resources for that level. Maybe they could be tempted into a man who, when given a more or less level playing field, has always produced results?

I guess it depends on whether they think they are in serious danger of going down. If they are not and I would suggest they probably won't go down, maybe now is the time to go for an untested manager to see how well the team react to him in the closing stages of the season. If it doesn't go so well, they can get a proven manager in the summer.

logman

Why? Despite getting to L1 in two seasons, we are struggling big time this year, he isn't proven at this level yet, let alone Championship.

The locals wouldn't allow it...

Why? Because I know what the Bristol City board think of Paul Tisdale.;)

ecfc01

Bristol City think what exacaly what?

Hammer44

Phil Brown. Straight back to work.
The timing of it all that would be about right!!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The timing of it all that would be about right!!
That thought had crossed my mind.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
mark cooper, lol

Ariel Manto

As has been mentioned BC will go for Phil Brown if they've got any sense,also I wouldn't rule out steve Copple.