• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

Memphis09

they are all non salaried
But will get expenses

Trapdoor

But will get expenses
I believe their expenses world be documented in the financial reports? I can't imagine any of these people milking expenses to be honest.

Memphis09

I believe their expenses world be documented in the financial reports? I can't imagine any of these people milking expenses to be honest.
Hope you are correct
It is still an added cost unless they add some value to the club in there field of expertise

llvnsECFC

Innocent, genuine question. Is Joel definitely off right now? Or, does the fact that Peterborough have now signed Kwame Poku from Colchester change anything... for a while at least?

There are some ridiculously childish things being posted on here that I for one just can't be bothered to respond to or argue with. Agree 100% though that if he goes for good money, quality signings are required for decent fees. Accepting that this is our model, it really does highlight the need that in order to make it work, a strong scouting network is necessary. As I'm sure you know, the likes of Brentford have replacements identified for outgoing transfers, prior to selling... something we should be doing if we are going to continue with our current model.

I am no more happy than anyone else at seeing our best young players go, but we have to be pragmatic. Youth was ever at the heart of the Trust's plan and the Academy, Tagg's baby. This is the model and it is too late for those who don't like the sale of our best young players to start crying foul now. Their disapproving cries will be as a whimper by comparison to the noise made if Randall is allowed to leave next year for a fraction of what could be realised for him now. If you think we have enough money to write off the million plus fee people on here are suggesting, think again. We must be wise stewards, guided by common sense and not emotion alone.
Moved everything out of the house he’s staying at yesterday morning, medical yesterday and today, will be announced before the weekend.

tonykellowfan

Some of the posts on here begger belief. Grimes was on less than £500 a week for us and got £10k a week in his move.

I bet JR is on something like £750 and people think he is going to turn down stepping up two divisions and probably at least £5000 a week??? Some people have no idea.

Personally, I don't have any problems with players leaving if they are ambitious or don't like the set up. It's a Job at the end of the day. What I have a problem with is with the real ambition of the club. They've raked in a LOT of money over the years yet although we've wisely developed our youth system, We still don't own our ground, we've brought in very below par players on the hope that they'll product results (I hope they do) and they've brought in 3 Directors, plus and internal Audit team?? that by the look of things are here to "Sell" the club to a "growing" audience. Problem is: if we aren't any good then that audience will fritter away, along with the cash.

Fareham Grecian

No but they will have expenses for which they will get for
That’s easy for you to say 🤣

llvnsECFC

Personally, I don't have any problems with players leaving if they are ambitious or don't like the set up. It's a Job at the end of the day. What I have a problem with is with the real ambition of the club. They've raked in a LOT of money over the years yet although we've wisely developed our youth system, We still don't own our ground, we've brought in very below par players on the hope that they'll product results (I hope they do) and they've brought in 3 Directors, plus and internal Audit team?? that by the look of things are here to "Sell" the club to a "growing" audience. Problem is: if we aren't any good then that audience will fritter away, along with the cash.
The best way to sell out SJP and draw in fans for Project 6000 would be having a promotion winning team from my experience. The opposition alone in League 1 would draw close to sell out away followings from Pompey, Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan, Argyle, Bolton, Oxford, Sheffield Wednesday who would entice the woodwork fan much more than your Harrogate, Barrow and Sutton’s of league 2. With the transfer fees we’ve been paid over the last 5/6 years we really should be competing for championship football by now, we’ve seen Blackpool and Lincoln in this years L1 play off final, both of whom we played just a few years ago, Coventry and Luton consolidate themselves in the championship and even Wycombe reaching the championship last season, we surely could be in a position to compete with those clubs? If we put focus on the playing squad and got to the top end of League 1 or into the championship then I assure you we’d have sell outs at SJP every week.

Last edited:

Bittners a Legend

The point is they might be in the championship but no way are the a big club
There are plenty of big clubs to move in that league as you suggest by the grounds you have named
Just be patient the right move will come if you are playing well enough
"big" club. As if Joel Randall, or most footballers, will give two hoots about what partisan football fans arbitrarily describe as being a "big" club or not when making a decision on their career. He will move up two divisions, increase his salary by many thousands and be playing for a club that, like us, develop players and sell them on higher up the chain. If the fee is anywhere near £1.5m that is seriously good business on our part, especially if a sell-on is also included.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just be patient the right move will come if you are playing well enough
Danny Clay was one of our best players in the two games at Man U. He got ME [chronic fatigue syndrome] and was never the same again.

I believe he's now at Sidmouth Town, having played for Salisbury, Dorchester, Truro, Tiverton and a number of teams in the Devon & Exeter League.