• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm a fan of Randall, I'm not a fan of a Randall - Seymour front two combo at league 2 level, they would get eaten alive !
They don't have to both play up front to link up well. The vast bulk of games Joel has played wide with Ben up front and they link up well as does Josh Key from the right. You would expect that having played together for a number of seasons.

grecIAN Harris

Same could once have been said about Steve Neville?
Remind me, how did that work out??
I'm not old enough to remember him being slenderly built.😉 Stocky, strong and easily able to go to ground but never slender.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The big question is:

who is better with their elbows ?? Tough call.
Robbie Turner

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
They don't have to both play up front to link up well. The vast bulk of games Joel has played wide with Ben up front and they link up well as does Josh Key from the right. You would expect that having played together for a number of seasons.
First team at league 2 level is a different ball game.

Rosencrantz

First team at league 2 level is a different ball game.
Stating the obvious, they all have to prove themselves at first team level. That's kind of normal for young players coming through. They still link up well on current evidence.
Robbie Turner
Two votes now for "Elbows" Turner👍

IndoMike

The good thing about having some players who can dribble past their.opponent is that
1. The opponent is left behind
2. It means that when confronted our player doesn't have to stop and then pass backwards, thus slowing down the attack.

I still think our central midfielders lack pace. Our.build-up tends to be slow. True when Williams gets the ball things speed
up a bit. The thing is if the build up is slow the opposing defence has time to mark up Bowman and there's no-one else to occupy them.

IndoMike

I'm not old enough to remember him being slenderly built.😉 Stocky, strong and easily able to go to ground but never slender.
The funny thing is that Neville had a low centre of gravity so theoretically it would be harder for him to fall... But, he managed it 😆

LOG

Saw Joel a couple of times last season and liked what i saw. He reminded me a little of Jamie Mackie at the same age in that he looked raw but full of running and could beat a man. Would like to see him get more game time this season.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Steve Neville stocky?! In a crowded field, this is one of your most ridiculous assertions yet. Nevs had a similar physique to Kyle Minogue, while, coincidentally, his bubble perm wasn't too far removed from the one Ms Minogue sported when she resided in Ramsey Street.

grecIAN Harris

Steve Neville stocky?! In a crowded field, this is one of your most ridiculous assertions yet. Nevs had a similar physique to Kyle Minogue, while, coincidentally, his bubble perm wasn't too far removed from the one Ms Minogue sported when she resided in Ramsey Street.
A similar physique to Kylie Minogue???? Maybe when he arrived from Southampton at a time when I was five and can barely remember him. Or even when he came back second time around in 83/84 when I was living in Cyprus so wouldn't have seen him but when he came when Cooper was here at 5'8-5'9 he was built well enough not to go over in a puff of wind, as he often did to win Dazza a penalty to bury, but he was certainly nearer stockey than Kylie Minogue. And you want to question my assertation? Go away and boil yourself.