• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Grant

Exe on Valdez

Joel Grant is a tricky one. Ideally he would be on the bench every game, able to come on for the last 20 minutes and potentially make a difference - on his day. I would never pick him as a starter and Tis didn't do that too often. He is certainly up to scratch as a versatile squad member, but who wants that on their CV if they are not playing 40 games a season? If those were the terms, I am not surprised that he rejected City's offer.

Argyle will chew him up and spit him out. Just another player to be used for a year or less, caught in the Gnome Park revolving door. I'm sure he won't have to move house, will be well paid and his career is coming towards an end.

Can't begrudge him, but I hope they waste a lot of money on him.

exeips

Hi Malc, I'm interested in what Grant has done here that has changed your opinion on him from when he first signed for Tisdale? Seems you weren't very confident in his ability.

You can edit anything into 5 mins of decent stuff whilst hiding 85 mins of rubbish... Ive seen lots of Joel Grant and to date, he has always "flattered to deceive" I guess we'll see whether this continues to be the case..

Now he's leaving you've become a bit of a fan and seem to suggest it was Tisdale's fault for not getting the best out of him?

Don't be surprised if he becomes a more than useful player for them....Confidence player who PT never fully believed in...
If you are judging him just on his ability to find the net then you may be missing the point. Just have a feeling that a run in a team with the right system might see him improve substantially.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's easy exeips............ nothing but it's baseless amunition to fire at Tisdale. Grant has been a professional footballer for well over ten years now. If he hasn't found the right team with the right sytem that suits by now he never will.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Malc, I'm interested in what Grant has done here that has changed your opinion on him from when he first signed for Tisdale? Seems you weren't very confident in his ability.

Now he's leaving you've become a bit of a fan and seem to suggest it was Tisdale's fault for not getting the best out of him?
**** me....Am i that interesting that you need to keep an annotated entry on everything I ever said????? I'm flattered....

Not sure my comments are that irreconcilable...The guy has talent and has flattered to deceive but he also has shown enough to suggest that there is something there. We will see whether Argyle are the team who finally benefit.

Your paranoia is touching, if not a little worrying...

Last edited: