• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you are going to throw insults, you will "put yourself in a better light" by observing the common courtesy of addressing them directly to the person concerned ! Just saying like ! 😎
That remark from the Cidery One was rather out of character I thought.

Just my take like.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
That remark from the Cidery One was rather out of character I thought.

Just my take like.
If you're going to throw insults... ;)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
But that was then. We now know that the case will be heard in a magistrates court, so when there is speculation over Jevani possibly scoring a Devon Derby winner, potential jurors don't even exist. Sadly those of us who would be delighted with such a scenario will remain frustrated, as come what may it seems that the Club is highly unlikely to change it's stance on the issue.
Okay, a game that Jevani has already missed would probably have illustrated my point better.

So, let's say one of the reasons for not playing Jevani up until yesterday was because he might have been facing trial by jury.

Fine, we now know that isn't the case, but I'm not sure recalling someone to the squad at the point which they plead guilty to assaulting a woman is a particularly good look.

Grecian Max

He’s not playing because he has admitted to assaulting a woman; in whatever form that is it’s enough not to be representing our club. It’s always been a simple choice for the club and what they want to communicate as a brand/pillar of the community.

geoffwp

I can't recall a single poster 'concluding Jevani wouldn't be up for it'. Rather, a number of people have made the point that this incident might have had an effect on his mental health – something which seems to me eminently possible, but, of course, you'd know better.
I didn't say I knew better though egg. What I did do is question why those posters thought it would have such an effect. Why they chose to take a more negative outcome whereas I think its highly likely that playing competitive football and scoring goals may well have a positive effect.

Radio Free Skaro

I didn't say I knew better though egg. What I did do is question why those posters thought it would have such an effect. Why they chose to take a more negative outcome whereas I think its highly likely that playing competitive football and scoring goals may well have a positive effect.
No-one really knows , we need to look forward to the future probably without JB.

Grecian Max

I agree playing football would have been good for him and he would have got a positive effect from it. But it’s not really about his feelings is it?

Colesman Ballz

I agree playing football would have been good for him and he would have got a positive effect from it. But it’s not really about his feelings is it?
I nearly spat my coffee out reading that you were agreeing with Geoff for once, but fair play to you Max ! :)

STURTZ

A winner, in injury time? The big bank would be going absolutely mental. I've no doubt there would be snowflakes melting with indignation but apart from that? I doubt there would be any photo of Jev celebrating as he'd be buried under his teammates. Reflection on the club? I somehow doubt that would cause much concern. People have short memories. I'd imagine that might well be the focus of the gargs who would be totally ****** off but when did we ever worry about what the scummers think
Take a step back Geoff, see the situation from a media position, see it from an oppos fan, see it from a legal position.

Doubt he'd last ninety minutes TBH, he'd have been destroyed by Slimesters long before that.

Jevani's gone😖

Memphis09

The interesting thing is and I for have never hit a women nor would I ever
I was brought up in the era when you never even touched a women’s handbag so that tells you how old I am
But a small point everybody seems to want Mr Brown gone and again I won’t say what is right or wrong but how many supporters have hit there wife’s girlfriends or whatever and still go watch city play
Should they be banned as well ... only saying